358     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 511     1 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 858     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure there are other people on the forum who have caught wind of this. Anyone who works in and around news, journalism, media, etc is going to be aware of certain things.

Timeline wise, I will say this: the story is being vetted to within an inch of its life. Given the stakes, there is no margin of error here. So it’s kind of an ‘as long as it takes’ kind of scenario, but I know it is very close to being bullet-proof.

Enough with the blueballing - can you actually give a hint as to what it's about, or not?

I don't think you understand how proof works. If someone makes an accusation, they have to provide proof.

I'm just asking if there's a reasonable basis for these claims. If you prefer to just make up events to fit your anti-Ford perspective, that's cool too.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
But it is assault. Its funny how some left-wing people jump to victimblaming when the victim is someone they don't like.
certainly the alleged act could, under the Canadian Criminal Code, be classed as an assault, since our code doesn't seem to distinguish between assault and battery. In fact, just threatening someone, like, for example drawing back a cocked fist at a reporter in a public park, counts as assault in Canada. :)

As for blowing out of proportion, let me offer this quote from a story run, the day after someone threw a Slurpee at the mayor's feet:

"It's not funny," Ford said Sunday afternoon on NewsTalk1010. "That hurt, man. When it hits you in the face, you don't expect it, right?"

One variable to consider is the possibility that many more people are motivated to cast a ballot this time around. I know, anecdotal, but I've talked to a lot of people who didn't vote because the notion of robbie being mayor was not computable at the time and are resolved to rectify that this time around. Many of these polls that paint ford in a favourable light are directed to those who voted in the previous election, i.e 'would you vote for Ford again?" I'd be curious to see a poll of those who didn't vote last election.

certainly the alleged act could, under the Canadian Criminal Code, be classed as an assault, since our code doesn't seem to distinguish between assault and battery. In fact, just threatening someone, like, for example drawing back a cocked fist at a reporter in a public park, counts as assault in Canada. :)

This is a good point. Ford could have been charged with assault when he confronted Daniel Dale behind his house but Toronto Police chose not to lay charges. I think it was ridiculous for Toronto Police to lay charges in this instance considering how trivial the incident was. Toronto Police are not consistent when it comes to applying the law. For instance - I know of an incident where a man was hit in the face and the assault was captured on video followed up by verbal threats (heard by witnesses) and Toronto Police declined to lay charges.

As for blowing out of proportion, let me offer this quote from a story run, the day after someone threw a Slurpee at the mayor's feet:

"It's not funny," Ford said Sunday afternoon on NewsTalk1010. "That hurt, man. When it hits you in the face, you don't expect it, right?"

Well, Robbie and Douggie are the absolute kings of folksy bluster, exaggeration and hyperbole. There is nothing moderate or tempered about the way they're capable of expressing themselves. They are both simpletons and everything is the 'greatest' or the 'worst' or 'friggin rock star' or a 'billion'.

This is a good point. Ford could have been charged with assault when he confronted Daniel Dale behind his house but Toronto Police chose not to lay charges. I think it was ridiculous for Toronto Police to lay charges in this instance considering how trivial the incident was. Toronto Police are not consistent when it comes to applying the law. For instance - I know of an incident where a man was hit in the face and the assault was captured on video followed up by verbal threats (heard by witnesses) and Toronto Police declined to lay charges.

Didn't Dale decline to lay charges?
If a man is hit in the face, it's captured on video and the victim wants to lay charges it's not up to police to deny the request.

Dale did decline to lay charges and robbie also threatened to lay charges of his own which never materialized. Likely because he knows his version of the story -- taking pictures of my kids, my home, etc... -- would be easily proven wrong with the phone he stole. Also, probably because douggie shot his mouth off again regarding the security footage from the home:

“It’s with the police right now, you can see his head bobbing up and down behind the fence, it’s a distance from the cameras to the fence, but you can see distinctly his head bobbing,†he responded."

That obviously never existed or they would have went to town.

Last edited:
Didn't Dale decline to lay charges?
If a man is hit in the face, it's captured on video and the victim wants to lay charges it's not up to police to deny the request.

Logically that is how it should work but not with Toronto Police. Depending upon who the perpetrator is they can chose not to lay charges despite overwhelming evidence of an assault.

Take for example this incident: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQzRiLAcZ9I

We have different sets of laws for different people in this country.

I'd assume not. Or maybe he just likes teasing us :rolleyes: I just hope it's more significant than Doug selling some drugs in his 20s.

there's no teasing going on--i just can't say anymore about it right now.

i just want everyone to know (and lots of people on here do know this) that this is by no means over. every time the story dies down for a few days there's a whole lot of hand wringing on this thread about how Ford has survived yet again, and how he might get past this whole crack scandal after all etc etc. i can tell you: its not going to happen. there are too many angles and secrets and skeletons in the closet, and someone is eventually going to go on the record.

even if its a drip drip drip for the next year, he's finished. he's already a ghost. ok, a kind of frantic desperate ghost but a ghost nonetheless. i actually still find it amazing that he was naive enough to believe that he could be the guy he is--in the grip of the habits and appetites he's in the grip of--and still be Mayor of the city. the idea that he somehow thought his problems wouldn't attract attention is astonishing, and just speaks to how unworldly he is.

anyway, people in the condition he's in don't tend to try to do what he tried to do. i guess he was talked into it by some very powerful people on the right, his brother, money people who courted him or whatever--i don't know the story. but he never should have run.

Think along the lines of Bender's theme park.

Well, drugs and prostitutes sorta go hand in hand, don't they? Gotta do something while you're high.

Unless this is a clever way of saying that Renata really is a mail-order bride from eastern europe?

Or... oh god... it can't be... does Rob Ford prostitute himself to get money for crack? :confused:

Well, drugs and prostitutes sorta go hand in hand, don't they? Gotta do something while you're high.

Unless this is a clever way of saying that Renata really is a mail-order bride from eastern europe?

Or... oh god... it can't be... does Rob Ford prostitute himself to get money for crack? :confused:

Umm... who in their right mind would pay to [you know] with Ford...? :eek:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back