News   Jul 24, 2024
 419     1 
News   Jul 24, 2024
 950     1 
News   Jul 24, 2024
 608     0 

Rob Ford - Why the Supervillian?

I'm also curious... you seem to find it acceptable to disparage and discriminate against those who are overweight so tell me what weight is acceptable to you?
Weight? Rob Ford is the one who was speaking out about fat cats at City Hall. Rob Ford is the one who went on and on about someone calling him a fat fuck under his breath.

I'm not making fun of Ford's weight; that is tragic. I'm making fun of both his hypocrisy, and his mindless ranting. The guy is a millionaire many times over, pretending to be the common man - he's the ultimate elite fat cat that he pretends to attack. (And not a self-made millionaire either - he inherited it).

And yes I've toned it down a bit. Now that the opposition and media has figured it out, and is also going after Ford for his racism and bigotry, there seems little point in stating what we all now know to be true.

No, totally warranted.... so now only 'diehard' supporters of Ford are racists? Tell me, why the change of heart?
Probably because he's finally admitted to himself there's actually a chance that the guy living in a van down by the river might win.

Wow, I love the way that the Ford supporters are trying to block free speech when someone exposes how poor their candidate is.

This has nothing to do with Ford at all. It's about you dragging down virtually every discussion on this board.

Funny, I see you on the U-Sector forum as well and find it rather interesting that you don't behave the same way over there...

So is Rob Ford still the Supervillian? Or am I the supervillian now? :)

I don't want to sound ungrateful or anything, but can we leave the whole thing to the moderators? After all, this is a private site and the management team has the power to ban people. They also have access to IP addresses, so whether I am an alias or not can easily be solved by them. Whether what nfitz said is acceptable is also up to them.

I am not working for Mr. Ford. That's all I can say. If you don't believe me, there's nothing I could do. Again, it's up to the moderators whether they think I did something wrong. There's nothing I could do about that either.

I am afraid this thread will be locked soon if this continues, which would be a shame.

This has nothing to do with Ford at all. It's about you dragging down virtually every discussion on this board.
I certainly speak up in the politics forum when people are shilling for such a hugely unqualified person as Ford. And I speak up in the Transit forum when people are trying to destroy the city by replacing 120 km of streetcars with 15 km of subway (oddly, it's mostly the same people) - but other than that, I think that's a grossly exaggerated personal attack. I don't see the need for such unpleasantness ... or the cyber-stalking.

I think that's a grossly exaggerated personal attack. I don't see the need for such unpleasantness ... or the cyber-stalking.

NFITZ is under attack? Such a loving level headed individual as he must be, totally free of vitriol and eager to understand opinions he doesn't share.
Say it isn't so.

I know that no thought is complete until NFITZ has descended from the mountain and revealed his gospel to us to our never ending joy and comfort.

All Hail the mighty wisdom that is NFITZ.

I certainly speak up in the politics forum when people are shilling for such a hugely unqualified person as Ford. And I speak up in the Transit forum when people are trying to destroy the city by replacing 120 km of streetcars with 15 km of subway.

You're proving your detractors' point with these words. Anybody who agrees with any part of the Ford agenda must be a "bigot" or a "shill". Anybody who thinks that TransitCity is shortsighted is "destroying" the city. Not for a minute do you assume that those expressing different points of view do so in good faith.

Anybody who thinks that TransitCity is shortsighted is "destroying" the city.
I've never said that. Not once. Why are you making things up?

Ford's announcement about abandoning the waterfront and cancelling the new streetcars, requiring 800 new buses and 4 bus garages, and creating gridlock is destroying Toronto. Little to do with Transit City, though his decision to cancel the Eglinton subway section does nothing to build Toronto.

How can anyone justify such craziness?

Actually, I agree that we're not dealing here (and, I suppose, in those other "Rob Ford supporter infestation" places nfitz is reporting on) with Rob Ford "plants" or "shills" per se--I take archanfel at his word on that count. It doesn't have that Fresh Start-ness about it.

In fact, it's less a matter of plants or shills, than of Rob Ford carpetbaggers. Which is why, once archanfel entered this whole realm of discussion, my little alarm bell rang out--uh-oh, Libertrollian infestation alert.

For you see, it's less about Rob Ford the individual; it's about Rob Ford the symbol. And for the itinerant message-boarding Libertrollian--whatever his personal defects, Ford-the-frontrunner is a symbol of...banzai!!! That in the heart of the supposedly Jane Jacobs-infatuated 416, of all places, this symbol of the philistine-majority-rule Libertrollian wet dream would be way out in front--take that, Libertrollian-haters!

So, to consolidate this new order and leach off the self-evident weakness of the opposition, the Libertrollians infest the message boards.

Trouble is, we've been through all of this before. Libertrollians are the kudzu, the zebra mussels, the emerald ash borer of these here interweb message boards. Remember what prototypally happened to Usenet in the 90s--all the life sucked out until it became a ghetto of Libertrollians and spam.

Funny: Libertrollians claim to represent "the people"; yet their effect is to render message boards et al even more drearily insular and entropic than the way they found them.

They're like a gang of goofs who pride themselves on their supposed sexual prowess and "knowing what girls like"--except that they clear every pickup joint they go to, because the girls "know their number". And they're ever on a futile quest for a fresh pickup joint where the girls don't yet "know their number". I guess the Rob Ford frontrunnerness is the Libertrollian version of some "sure-bet" new formulation of Axe cologne; so, they're out to "give it a try"...

People seem to forget that we are in a recession. Especially the unions. When the unions went on strike in the middle of a recession, where others were losing their jobs, it gets everyone's blood boiling (except the unions). That is one reason for the Ford vote. Of course, the union leaders would not apologize, they want to keep their own jobs. I would thank the unions for getting Ford in.

Back