News   Jul 25, 2024
 189     0 
News   Jul 24, 2024
 735     1 
News   Jul 24, 2024
 1.4K     1 

Rob Ford - Why the Supervillian?

Ah, now that is almost an argument. You're getting there.

Simply saying, "he's popular, so he should win" isn't an argument. Not even Rob Ford will stand up and say "I should be mayor because I'm doing well in the polls now."

When did I say he "should" win?

If he is still popular in the final vote, then he "will" win. I guess we will see, won't we?

Thankful, whether he "should" win is up to each individual voter, not to a small group on a forum. Idiots, Geniuses, bigots, and what not, they all have one vote per person. That's democracy.

Last edited:
Rob Ford is leading in the old city of Toronto.
They merged in East York and York into Toronto in that poll. And they only talked to 277 people. I can't believe for a minute that on election day that Ford will get more votes in "old Toronto" than anyone else. This early in the election, it's still all about name recognition. It's more an indicator of who has had the most media coverage.

When did I say he "should" win?

If he is still popular in the final vote, then he "will" win. I guess we will see, won't we?

Thankful, whether he "should" win is up to each individual voter, not to a small group on a forum. Idiots, Geniuses, bigots, and what not, they all have one vote per person. That's democracy.

If art worked that way, I suppose this kind of fare would win.

ThomasKinkadeCinderellaCastle%5B15%5D.jpg

To you, that's a *good* thing. "Libertarian" as a metaphor for "militant philistine".

And then you lost your virginity, and discovered a world beyond libertarianism. Ain't that how it always is?

Well, except I don't need to argue. Rob Ford is leading in the old city of Toronto. Maybe people in the old city don't care about the pet projects as much as you guys do.

I think the reason for it is most people have no interest in politics and really have no clue what's going on. They pic up little bits here and there but for the most part, they don't really care much who wins. That's why so few people actually vote.

Here is the breakdown for the 1997 race, by municipality:

East York: Hall 58.0%, Lastman 39.7%
Etobicoke: Lastman 52.4%, Hall 45.3%
North York: Lastman 79.4%, Hall 19.1%
Scarborough: Lastman 52.6%, Hall 45.0%
Toronto: Hall 67.5%, Lastman 30.3%
York: Hall 50.0%, Lastman 47.4%

Well, except I don't need to argue. Rob Ford is leading in the old city of Toronto. Maybe people in the old city don't care about the pet projects as much as you guys do.

Archanfel, I find it interesting that you joined a site devoted to architecture and urban planning, yet all your postings are in the Rob Ford threads. I don't see you making any comments about buildings, development, urban planning or anything else this site was created for. You realize this site's main topics aren't politics or Rob Ford? So I'm curious why you even joined this site, if you seemingly have zero interest in what this site is all about? Who joins Urban Toronto to only talk about Rob Ford?

I also saw in your profile that you just joined on September 16/2010. Interesting! So, I guess you know where this is going. Can you understand why I might get the impression that you are a part of the Ford team? I noticed the same thing happening on other architecture sites. Where did all these hyper Ford supporters suddenly come from? Would Ford stoop to sending out his horde to bombard all sites with his rhetoric? With his level of integrity, OH YEAH! I think it's clear what your agenda is and why you're here.

How much is your boss paying you? I hope it's a lot for all your hard work.

Last edited:
Archanfel, I find it interesting that you joined a site devoted to architecture and urban planning, yet all your postings are in the Rob Ford threads. I don't see you making any comments about buildings, development, urban planning or anything else this site was created for. You realize this site's main topics aren't politics or Rob Ford? So I'm curious why you even joined this site, if you seemingly have zero interest in what this site is all about? Who joins Urban Toronto to only talk about Rob Ford?

I also saw in your profile that you just joined on September 16/2010. Interesting! So, I guess you know where this is going. Can you understand why I might get the impression that you are a part of the Ford team? I noticed the same thing happening on other architecture sites. Where did all these hyper Ford supporters suddenly come from? Would Ford stoop to sending out his horde to bombard all sites with his rhetoric? With his level of integrity, OH YEAH! I think it's clear why you're here.

How much is your boss paying you? I hope it's a lot for all your hard work.

Please, don't flatter yourself.

I thought archanfel was Fresh Start (and many other aliases) under a new name. So to defend him, he has posted in other parts of the forum previously.

Back