News   Jul 24, 2024
 419     1 
News   Jul 24, 2024
 950     1 
News   Jul 24, 2024
 608     0 

Rob Ford - Why the Supervillian?

It does seem rather suspicious that the rabid Ford supporters joined an urban planning and architecture site, yet they only post on political threads involving Ford. They also joined this site AFTER Ford decided to run for mayor. Not only that but they all seem to be rude and argumentative. Check out their profile and all their posts. Both Archanfel and Doug, seem to have the same interests and personality. (Fresh Start was much the same)

I'm really starting to think Rob Ford might be getting his trolls to flood all Toronto sites on the net. Come on, this is no-integrity Ford, we are talking about.

It does seem rather suspicious that the rabid Ford supporters joined an urban planning and architecture site, yet they only post on political threads involving Ford. They also joined this site AFTER Ford decided to run for mayor. Not only that but they all seem to be rude and argumentative. Check out their profile and all their posts. Both Archanfel and Doug, seem to have the same interests and personality. (Fresh Start was much the same)

I'm really starting to think Rob Ford might be getting his trolls to flood all Toronto sites on the net. Come on, this is no-integrity Ford, we are talking about.

And to do what? Let's be honest, have I convinced a single person here to vote for Rob Ford? Not likely. If somebody here was really working for Rob Ford, he should have called those who vote for Rob Ford bigots, simpleton man-child, racists, homophobe, sociopath, suburban fools. It would be much more effective, since people would quickly get defensive and harden their position.

Then again, please, don't flatter yourself.

And to do what? Let's be honest, have I convinced a single person here to vote for Rob Ford? Not likely. If somebody here was really working for Rob Ford, he should have called those who vote for Rob Ford bigots, simpleton man-child, racists, homophobe, sociopath, suburban fools. It would be much more effective, since people would quickly get defensive and harden their position.

Then again, please, don't flatter yourself.

What does "don't flatter yourself" mean?

Look, as per Torontovibe's point, may I offer this, and deflect slightly off the specifics of Rob Ford. If this particular "poster infestation" did involve discussion "about buildings, development, urban planning or anything else this site was created for", it'd be along the lines of representatives of the McMansioning spec-build/teardown industry barraging the site with "the people have decided, maaan" gloating. Or, when it comes to the arts--it'd be like the commenters in this post.

Yeah. "Don't flatter yourself". Droll.

adma,

I would recommend you to petition this site to ban all non architecture and urban planning related posts then. Or stay away from issues that you are not interested in. Or start your own site so that you would have the power to do things your way.

In any case, if you are willing to contribute to the discussion in a meaningful way, then do so. If not, please forgive me for not willing to engage in pointless personal attacks.

I wasn't aware that there was a rule on this forum that you had to distribute your posts across a range of topics. If so, could someone please let me know what the appropriate ratios are?

Will I now have to start meeting an "Out and About" quota? Should I sprinkle a few "Sweeeeets!" in "Projects Under Construction"?

Agreed. There are a number of posters who perch themselves in the 'politics' threads to vent their dogma and promote their agendas yet nobody seems to mind all that much. It appears that some here are just(ly) a little more sensitive to Toronto mayoral politics at the moment...

That said, I do find there is a little too much censoring of expression happening on this site. If Ford supporters come off as 'rude and argumentative' as Torontovibe would have us believe is it really all that surprising given the gang-bang reception they receive around these parts, from a number of the in-bred locals at least? Not to mention the fact that if you don't subscribe to anything Nfitz and his posse of thugs do you are branded a racist/homophobe/bigot/etc, which is amusing considering he doesn't miss a beat to offensively stereotype Ford for his weight issues or Ford supporters en masse for their choice regardless of their reasons. Still, it is the Ford supporters that are the 'rude and argumentative' ones, indeed.

It is a sad commentary on the spirit of this (otherwise) good site when the tone is set by the likes of Nfitz, and I find it more offensive (and alarming quite frankly) that his seemingly inoccuous brand of manipulative trolling is tolerated.

Just my thoughts. Ford sucks, imo, but I support the right of others to support him. Does that make me tolerant or a racist? Guess we better check with Nfitz...

Wow, talk about an unwarranted personal attack.

I'm certainly not disputing that people have the right to be racists and bigots. I just want to make sure that we need to be crystal clear that this is what Rob Ford and is diehard supporters are, as they are trying to pull wool over people's eyes.

This is the Rob Ford supervillian thread after all. I'd hardly call that trolling!

It is a sad commentary on the spirit of this (otherwise) good site when the tone is set by the likes of Nfitz, and I find it more offensive (and alarming quite frankly) that his seemingly inoccuous brand of manipulative trolling is tolerated.

I agree and don't understand the tolerance either. He has singlehandedly magnified the amount of useless noise on this site to the point where a huge proportion of threads are virtually unreadable thanks to his juvenile rantings. For the short period he was banned last year, the difference in tone here overall was nothing short of astounding and the root of the problem became quite clear.

If we're interested at all in addressing the drop in quality here over the last few years, then I have a modest suggestion about where to start.

Wow, I love the way that the Ford supporters are trying to block free speech when someone exposes how poor their candidate is.

I'm not saying anything any different than the media and the other candidates are saying. I'm just being more blunt. And this is the Rob Ford - Why the Supervillian thread ...

Can I be part of nfitz's gang of thugs? Can we have a secret handshake? Can it be awesome?

Yeah, can I join too, nfitz? I wasn't aware that being against Ford as mayor was entitling me to be part of a gang of thugs. Just how cool is that? As someone who lives downtown, my guess is that some suburbanites already consider most downtown-dwellers as some sort of thug. Maybe they are afraid that their golden boy hero who presumes to have dictatorial powers if he becomes mayor will be hurt by all us thugs. Perish the thought!

I want in!

Perhaps we can all meet on a moving streetcar ... that will keep away the Ford supporters. Streetcar 4041 when I light up the Bat Light over Gotham ... uh ... Toronto. Then we can have a fresh start on getting rid of this supervillian once and for all!

Yeah, can I join too, nfitz? I wasn't aware that being against Ford as mayor was entitling me to be part of a gang of thugs. Just how cool is that? As someone who lives downtown, my guess is that some suburbanites already consider most downtown-dwellers as some sort of thug. Maybe they are afraid that their golden boy hero who presumes to have dictatorial powers if he becomes mayor will be hurt by all us thugs. Perish the thought!

I want in!

Such witty, biting sarcasm.... um' not! Thanks for demonstrating my point about a declining standard of debate though.

Wow, talk about an unwarranted personal attack.

I'm certainly not disputing that people have the right to be racists and bigots. I just want to make sure that we need to be crystal clear that this is what Rob Ford and is diehard supporters are, as they are trying to pull wool over people's eyes.

No, totally warranted.... so now only 'diehard' supporters of Ford are racists? Tell me, why the change of heart? Was it something I said??

I'm also curious... you seem to find it acceptable to disparage and discriminate against those who are overweight so tell me what weight is acceptable to you?

Back