News   Aug 12, 2024
 674     2 
News   Aug 12, 2024
 1.7K     0 
News   Aug 12, 2024
 593     0 

Rob Ford - Why the Supervillian?

I don't agree with trying to persuade someone into believing something that isn't right. People need to think for themselves.

As for religion and hate, you can't really argue with that. Those are the words of God in the eyes of those followers. Hypothetically if God is the creator of the universe than He is above all law to those who believe Him. But I'm not going to get into a discussion on separation between church and state. I'm not naive. I'm sure Ford is doing is share of dirty work as well. No politician is a saint.

It's almost 8 P.M., if all the posters on the last couple of pages have finished their milk and cookies it's off to bed now. The adults would like to offer some opinions in a polite non confrontational manner because unlike yourselves they don't have egos to feed and would like to engage in some intelligent discourse.

I don't agree with trying to persuade someone into believing something that isn't right. People need to think for themselves.

As for religion and hate, you can't really argue with that. Those are the words of God in the eyes of those followers. Hypothetically if God is the creator of the universe than He is above all law to those who believe Him. But I'm not going to get into a discussion on separation between church and state. I'm not naive. I'm sure Ford is doing is share of dirty work as well. No politician is a saint.

Well, first of all, you're making assumptions. (that some dispute) The reason why we can't let religion dictate anything is we all believe different religions and we all interpret them differently. Then again, there are some that believe all religions are full of crap. Nobody wants someone else's religion to be imposed on them. We are kinda going off topic here but my point is, we all need to be concerned when people are spreading hateful or divisive messages to tear people apart. I don't remember a municipal election where I have read more rude, racist and hateful comments in print. It mainly seems to be coming from one side, Ford's. (supporters) I wonder why that is? Don't believe me? Read the reader's comments on all newspapers. (the Sun is the worst) It's all pure hate and negativity. If Tea Party politics is what Ford is selling, I ain't buying it and I can't see anything good coming out of it. It seems to be tearing America apart. That kind of constant infighting just prevents people from accomplishing anything. Do we really want to go down that road?

I'm sorry but if Ford's supporters are spreading hate, it says something about him and the message he's putting out there. It reflects badly in him.

Last edited:
Well, first of all, you're making assumptions. (that some dispute) The reason why we can't let religion dictate anything is we all believe different religions and we all interpret them differently. Then again, there are some that believe all religions are full of crap. Nobody wants someone else's religion to be imposed on them. We are kinda going off topic here but my point is, we all need to be concerned when people are spreading hateful or divisive messages to tear people apart. I don't remember a municipal election where I have read more rude, racist and hateful comments in print. It mainly seems to be coming from one side, Ford's. (supporters) I wonder why that is? Don't believe me? Read the reader's comments on all newspapers. (the Sun is the worst) It's all pure hate and negativity. If Tea Party politics is what Ford is selling, I ain't buying it and I can't see anything good coming out of it. It seems to be tearing America apart. That kind of constant infighting just prevents people from accomplishing anything. Do we really want to go down that road?

I'm sorry but if Ford's supporters are spreading hate, it says something about him and the message he's putting out there. It reflects badly in him.

You can't blame Ford for the morons that make dumb, hateful messages who happen to support him. Their parent's are most likely to blame for their stupidity. You can't absolve all liberals from their mistakes. The extremes on both sides of the coin are pathetic.

You can't blame Ford for the morons that make dumb, hateful messages who happen to support him. Their parent's are most likely to blame for their stupidity. You can't absolve all liberals from their mistakes. The extremes on both sides of the coin are pathetic.

Ford himself is not responsible for the crap his supporter's spew but it does reflect on him, if the message he is sending out is attracting them. There is obviously something they are relating to, in his message. I think it's the subtle cues behind the direction he is taking. They are believing he is one of them, and there must be a reason for that. Why is Ford attracting the vast majority of them and what is he doing to disassociate himself from them? (nothing) He knows what's going on, yet he never says a word about it. I don't think Ford has an issue with it. I think secretly, the guy is gloating from ear to ear, like he does in all his public debates. (Fricking irritates the hell out of me! lol)

Ford himself is not responsible for the crap his supporter's spew but it does reflect on him, if the message he is sending out is attracting them. There is obviously something they are relating to, in his message. I think it's the subtle cues behind the direction he is taking. They are believing he is one of them, and there must be a reason for that. Why is Ford attracting the vast majority of them and what is he doing to disassociate himself from them? (nothing) He knows what's going on, yet he never says a word about it. I don't think Ford has an issue with it. I think secretly, the guy is gloating from ear to ear, like he does in all his public debates. (Fricking irritates the hell out of me! lol)

I'm just going to vote for him because of his martial arts skill. Did you see that news clip of him trying out some moves on some football player a few weeks back. The man is a beast. He should participate in the first UFC event in Toronto.

Clifford, after we're done with him (she's wearing him)

300.ab.Lady.Gaga.091310.jpg

just as a side note, canadians absolutely retain the right to say things like the following (which are the opposite of my personal views, but that's not important):

"i feel that my race has qualities which elevate it above all the others."

or

"it would be better if nobody were gay."

these statements are foolish, ignorant and, yes, hateful -- but legal. canadians say these and other such things all the time, and in a plethora of venues.

nfitz's apoplexy is reminder enough that we cannot shriek people into being angels.

just as a side note, canadians absolutely retain the right to say things like the following (which are the opposite of my personal views, but that's not important):

"i feel that my race has qualities which elevate it above all the others."

or

"it would be better if nobody were gay."

these statements are foolish, ignorant and, yes, hateful -- but legal. canadians say these and other such things all the time, and in a plethora of venues.

nfitz's apoplexy is reminder enough that we cannot shriek people into being angels.

Precisely. That's what I was trying to tell Nfitz but he was throwing an Nfitz.

Back