News   Aug 12, 2024
 567     2 
News   Aug 12, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Aug 12, 2024
 568     0 

Rob Ford - Why the Supervillian?

Basically every politician will say whatever it takes to get them elected. Ford is one of the few exceptions.

Right, and you know this because you have the inside story on old fat ford?

How do adults debate?

very revealing...when you grow up, you'll learn.

I'm not whining at all for being called a bigot.

Yes, you are.

http://www.chrt-tcdp.gc.ca/aspinc/search/vhtml-eng.asp?doid=964&lg=_e&isruling=0#998290True. But one can censor public speech. This is a public forum, and you are speaking publicly.

They don't have the right to make racist and anti-gay comments. Surely Warman v. Northern Alliance, 2009 would be enough to convince you of that.

You can say whatever you want to anyone as long as you don't threaten the person. I can't think of one arrest made over racist or anti-gay comments made by one person to another.

You just called Rob Ford fat. I guess you have something against fat people. Maybe he can't help but eat whole bricks of cheese in a day.

I haven't made one hateful statement so him calling me a bigot is a joke. What keep doing so if you want.
Sure you have. You said "The first comment isn't racist. Oriental people do work hard as he acknowledged." and then you said "Being anti homosexual doesn't make someone a bigot." and "One would only be a bigot to act upon their disdain of homosexuality in a physical way."

Ignoring your ethnic stereotyping ...

You are advocating that it's okay to make anti-gay comments as long as you don't start hitting them. How can this be anything other than a hateful statement? What next, it's okay to put immigrants in a concentration camp, as long as I don't physically abuse them and feed them well?

I don't think I've ever seen such extreme bigotry here before ... I'm quite shocked!

I never even said I was a Ford supporter.
You said "I can't wait until he's mayor" If this doesn't make you a Ford supporter, it makes you a troll.

Are Orientals not hard working? Sure there are some lazy Asians out there like any race but, overall, they do tend to work very hard and do very well. What is wrong with that?

So what do you say to Christians about homosexuality? It's a sin in God's eyes. I guess they should revamp the scriptures to appease modern day people.

Me supporting someone's right to say what they want, right or wrong, isn't bigotry. It's free speech. How can you not see that? If someone wants to say something racist or homophobic, they can. I don't believe people should, but the point is that they can and there's nothing you can do about that. And it shouldn't bother you that much. Just don't associate yourself with those people. You can't expect everyone to be in agreeance with everything you believe. People come from all walks of life and some people see things differently than others.

So what do you say to Christians about homosexuality? It's a sin in God's eyes.

You must be very young.
Do you know about all the other 'sins' that christians ignore? Why do you just pick homosexuality? Are you not well informed? Perhaps a little studying before trying to debate with those who are obviously much more intelligent than you are?

Why are you so touchy? You're missing the principle. I don't agree with hate speech but you can't deny someone their right to say controversial things. I'm white and if someone wants to call me a honky, cracker or whatever other term then go for it. I wouldn't stop them.

What concensus? The media's? The media in this country is so left wing. Sterotypes hold truths. His comments weren't even negative. So I don't know why you're so upset about them.

"WHAT???? There is no place in this society for you to make such extreme bigoted comments. How dare you!

Of course you don't think Ford is a bigot and racist. You've just made comments that are also racist, stereotpying people based on race. And you've expressed extreme bigotry in your comments about homosexuals!"

Says who? Stop being so overly sensitive and selfish. Not everyone supports homosexuality. You need to get over that. People are free to think and say what they want. You can't coerce someone to think like you and accept your lifestlye. Take a look at the Charter of Rights. Where have I expressed bigoted thoughts on homosexuality? I haven't said anything that is anti-gay. I support anyone's right to sleep with whomever they choose.

I should have rephrased that. Sure, verbally expressing anti-homosexual thoughts is bigotry, however, if one chooses to do so they have every right to. Just like someone has the right to be racist if they want. I'm not saying it's right, but people are allowed to say what they want, even if it offends someone. And if that hurts someone that's their own problem. There are no laws to govern one's thoughts. If one can't look past descrimination then they must be very insecure.

Yes, anyone has the right to be a racist, misogynist, homophobic or xenophobic prick but I wouldn't vote for them and I wouldn't want them to become the mayor of my city. People can think what they want to think but when their actions get in the way of my life and what I think is right, I fight back.

I'm white and if someone wants to call me a honky, cracker or whatever other term then go for it.

You're ignorant, a bigot, a racist a homophobe, and appear to be about 11 years old.

You must be very young.
Do you know about all the other 'sins' that christians ignore? Why do you just pick homosexuality? Are you not well informed? Perhaps a little studying before trying to debate with those who are obviously much more intelligent than you are?

Which sins are you referring to? And it depends who you perceive to be Christian. There are plenty of fraudulent Christians out there. I only mentioned homosexuality because we were already discussing it.

Cool. That's your opinion. There are many people that would disagree though, but you're probably not going to find them on this forum.

Which sins are you referring to?

Pick one, little boy.

And it depends who you perceive to be Christian.

What depends on this?

You've confused yourself so much you don't even know where to begin, eh?

There are many people that would disagree though,

...and there are many who would agree....what's your point?

Back