News   Jul 26, 2024
 188     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 953     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 756     0 

Rob Ford - Why the Supervillian?

Thousands--probably hundreds of thousands--of GTA folk still believe that marriage between religions or races is wrong. Many of these people are in positions of power today....

I can understand why RF would say such things--if you knew who was backing him....

I know just the type:

[video=youtube;znrjbo9QRLk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znrjbo9QRLk[/video]

So then can we assume that when you say that you support the "traditional" definition of marriage you mean the purchase of a female for the purpose of sexual exclusivity and the assurance of offspring?

Yeah. This must be it.

Somehow you've uncovered my fiendish plan. Nearly half the population or more that believes in traditional marriage is secretly longing for the good old days where you could have slaves and own people. See, this is what I'm talking about. Someone trying to take another' view and making an attempt at turning it into something that has noting to do with the topic. This is why a lot of people don't speak up these days.

And the remark about how a good portion of people being against inter-marriage is not as nuts as it seems. People want their culture to remain as intact as possible but inter-marriage changes this.

Not saying it's a bad thing but people fear this and societies will always clash and try and protect their own. One of my close friends who is a black woman whose family is from Barbados, has told me that as a black woman, she gets treated differently in our society and since her skin colour is different she will never completely assimilate into the population because she can't.

She's not white. She will always stand out especially in a white dominated society. Her commentary on how fashion and entertainment for example, that always caters to white, blonde women was a eye opener to me.

Her brother married a white woman and she's commented that her nephew who is mixed will also be treated differently by society and it's based on her lifelong experience. Her entire family has experienced this and continues to experience this. People will always treat others differently expecially if they can't fit in.

So inter-marriage between races, ethnic groups and religions isn't without merit in exploring what the consequences will be because there will be conseqeunces.

Last edited:
Because another individual will come along and try and make them out to be some kind of zealot out to destroy human rights and bring back slavery and ownership of people.
And why not? If someone is so utterly evil and depraved that they hate gays and oppose gay marriage, then why would one not think that these are the same evil people who also wanted to take rights away from other groups?

Why are conservatives always up in other people's business? I thought they are about privacy.

They don't want the government in our homes with the census but they have NO problem telling people they shouldn't get married if they are the same sex. Or that homosexuality is wrong. I think its wrong that 'your' up in my business.

Lets ban divorce if marriage is so special to keep between a man and a woman. BUT OF COURSE that would be against freedom. I could bet 95% of the population would pick gay marriage over a ban of divorce.

They don't want the government in our homes with the census but they have NO problem telling people they shouldn't get married if they are the same sex. Or that homosexuality is wrong. I think its wrong that 'your' up in my business.
The conservatives have never been about privacy. Their opposition to the census is that they are all white males and they simply want to eliminate the data that demonstrates how multicultural Canada is. Why do you think they had the "Unite the White" movement in the first place?

The conservatives have never been about privacy. Their opposition to the census is that they are all white males and they simply want to eliminate the data that demonstrates how multicultural Canada is. Why do you think they had the "Unite the White" movement in the first place?

Is this before or after science is aganist the law?

Oh conservatives. They are always crazy.

Last edited:
Hmmm. There's absolutely nothing traditional about marriage when 60% of participants are divorced within 2 years.

Agree with Rowe. The only way to preserve traditional marriage is to ban divorce. Californians (as a response to Prop 8) have introduced a new Prop for the next election which does exactly that.

How far back do we have to go back for "traditional"? I mean what's next, restoring traditions such as arranged marriages, underaged brides, dowrys and rigid roles for husband and wives? The world changes, deal with it.

tkip:

Her brother married a white woman and she's commented that her nephew who is mixed will also be treated differently by society and it's based on her lifelong experience. Her entire family has experienced this and continues to experience this. People will always treat others differently expecially if they can't fit in.

So inter-marriage between races, ethnic groups and religions isn't without merit in exploring what the consequences will be because there will be conseqeunces.

Interracial marriage isn't the problem - the values leading to differing treatment is. Just because there is a consequence doesn't mean the values behind that reality is right.

AoD

Last edited:
Isn't Smitherman tainted with having been involved of the eHealth scandal where over a billion dollars was flushed down the drain and there's been zero accountability for what happened?

Do you also know that his aides where 'promoted' to extremely lucrative 'lobbyist' positions in the pharma sector?

Do you also know that during his stint as Energy Infrastructure Minister, he managed to sole source one of the single largest deals with samsung for windmills? It seems like people are okay with paying extra amounts of 'green'...

See a trend?

Smitherman = Miller in Red

Yeah. This must be it.

Somehow you've uncovered my fiendish plan. Nearly half the population or more that believes in traditional marriage is secretly longing for the good old days where you could have slaves and own people. See, this is what I'm talking about. Someone trying to take another' view and making an attempt at turning it into something that has noting to do with the topic. This is why a lot of people don't speak up these days.

And the remark about how a good portion of people being against inter-marriage is not as nuts as it seems. People want their culture to remain as intact as possible but inter-marriage changes this.

Not saying it's a bad thing but people fear this and societies will always clash and try and protect their own. One of my close friends who is a black woman whose family is from Barbados, has told me that as a black woman, she gets treated differently in our society and since her skin colour is different she will never completely assimilate into the population because she can't.

She's not white. She will always stand out especially in a white dominated society. Her commentary on how fashion and entertainment for example, that always caters to white, blonde women was a eye opener to me.

I'm sorry.

As someone who grew up in an interracial family (Jamaican and German).. thats complete bs. I had one of the best childhoods being able to explore two completely different cultures. I would never give up being mixed because it makes who I am. People will always treat you differently, and it isn't just because of skin colour.

Your friend lives in a white-dominate country, what is she to expect about fashion and entertainment.

She clearly has no understanding about how interracial people are treated in society.

Yeah. This must be it.

But wait, I thought you supported the traditional definition of marriage? That's what you said, wasn't it? Or is it just that you support the conventional definition during a particular time period that you get to arbitrarily define? And then call it "traditional" ignoring all the traditions that came before it?

And if you want to discuss "traditional" marriage, how do you get to exclude the same-sex marriages that were regularly performed in ancient Rome, ancient Greece, throughout western Europe during many time periods, and in areas of ancient China? Or do they just not fit the narrative you're trying to advance?

As someone else said, the issue isn't with the marriage it's with the people around her. Avoidance isn't a solution. You don't deny one group equal status because another group isn't mature enough to accept it.

Back