News   Jul 22, 2024
 160     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 277     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 1K     0 

Roads: Traffic catch all

You know there's a subway line on Yonge Street right? Ubers and deliveries can use side streets.
Yet people still drive, consider how crap the subway experience must be if that’s the case? This coming from someone who studied downtown there!

Traffic on the other north south roads is bad enough, look at the state of university? We’ve already crippled east west traffic….

Delivery, Ubers, people who work in the Area, access for the side street businesses, I could go on?
I agree with this. And i believe there are good models elsewhere that emphasize and add to the pedestrian and cyclist element, de-emphasize the private car element, and retain a service element, emergency element, and other public vehicle element I.e. a taxi. (Although I am not sure that either Toronto taxi or Uber drivers qualify - the training is negligible and their street courtesy non-existent. And half the time, as a tall person, they show,up in a Hyundai and ask me to get in the back seat as they have parcels in the front - go away. It’s high time we elevates this form of public transportation to a higher level of competence and professional standard in Toronto). Congestion charges seem the way to go for the privilege of operating a private vehicle between the Don and the Humber south of?

I agree with this. And i believe there are good models elsewhere that emphasize and add to the pedestrian and cyclist element, de-emphasize the private car element, and retain a service element, emergency element, and other public vehicle element I.e. a taxi. (Although I am not sure that either Toronto taxi or Uber drivers qualify - the training is negligible and their street courtesy non-existent. And half the time, as a tall person, they show,up in a Hyundai and ask me to get in the back seat as they have parcels in the front - go away. It’s high time we elevates this form of public transportation to a higher level of competence and professional standard in Toronto). Congestion charges seem the way to go for the privilege of operating a private vehicle between the Don and the Humber south of?
i wouldn’t even necessarily be against some of those things if transit was functional before.

I waited 40 mins in the sun for a 10 min service bus. It’s not unusual to have the subway suspend at rush hour!

The crosstown is going to enter year 16 of construction. The st Clair ROW is slower than when it was in mixed traffic.

If I had such a bad track record at my job I wouldn’t get more resources I’d be fired or told to fix what I have first!

You claimed this a few days ago in a different thread, and I went through the pre-construction July and current July schedules to show you were wrong, and asked where you were getting this.

Why are you repeating this, rather than responding with the source of your false information?
The schedules are suggestions at the very best in my experience, as I mentioned I waited FORTY mins in the sun for a 10 min frequency route yesterday.

How many times does that have to happen to shift someone’s behaviour especially if they’re travelling with others.
But I’m basing my post off what Steve Munro said

• Scheduled travel speeds for the 512 St. Clair car have slowed since the right-of-way opened in July 2010, and they are now below the pre-right-of-way level in 2006.

Driving speeds are slower in 2020 (pre-pandemic) than in 2010. This is a characteristic across the route, not at a few problem locations, and is probably due to differences in how the new Flexity cars are operated compared to the predecessor CLRVs.

I remember travelling the entire ROW length and didn’t come across one eastbound streetcar.

The schedules are suggestions at the very best in my experience, as I mentioned I waited FORTY mins in the sun for a 10 min frequency route yesterday.
I wasn't referring to the schedule - I was referring to the running times. TTC's inability to run proper service is a different issue.

I'm not sure how the service on a bus route not on dedicated right-of-way is related to St. Clair - which route was this?

I wasn't referring to the schedule - I was referring to the running times. TTC's inability to run proper service is a different issue.

I'm not sure how the service on a bus route not on dedicated right-of-way is related to St. Clair - which route was this?
You yourself admitted they have issues running a proper service.

Every project in every civilized context irons out the bugs before moving on to further steps. You don't get to take away resources from somewhere else until you effectively use what you have.

The reason my 10 min bus took 40 mins is they spent 25+ mins (current and next) bus at the terminus on top of the schedule departure.
I've had the same issue happen on the 509. Even basic stuff like leapfrogging breaks which they do on the subways doesn't trickle down to surface routes.

Uber/taxi drivers days are numbered.

Back