News   Mar 28, 2024
 267     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 247     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 287     0 

Roads: Six Points Interchange Reconfiguration (City of Toronto, UC)

Adding to what @W. K. Lis stated, here is the proposed plan by the Housing Now initiative for the different blocks in this redevelopment:

View attachment 392572
Then there are all those parking lots on Dundas Street West, between Kipling Avenue and West Mall, waiting to be built up.

1649875925066.png

See link.

Also huge opportunity for a trail along here, connecting from Eglinton right down into Kipling Station. Seems like that should be a really easy win. I'm sure that's been brought up many times before.

It's a total no brainer for a bike and pedestrian trail. I wouldn't mind a transit-only route as well, but more of an express due to the low density of the surrounding area.

For now, I'll put this here, the City is set to launch a process for 4 new parks in the 6 points area.

From the above:

1652723821982.png

The timeline below refers to the largest park (Etobicoke Centre), not all the parks:

1652723781899.png

For now, I'll put this here, the City is set to launch a process for 4 new parks in the 6 points area.

From the above:

View attachment 400723

The timeline below refers to the largest park (Etobicoke Centre), not all the parks:

View attachment 400721

Dunkip Park refers to the area in the north-east corner of Kipling and Bloor I presume?

From the above:

View attachment 400723

View attachment 400721
Linear Park? Finally doing something more with the hydro corridor?

Linear Park? Finally doing something more with the hydro corridor?

Unfortunately, nothing regarding the hydro corridor.

The Linear Park refers to a tree-lined walkway along the historic alignment of Dundas Street west through the Six Points area. The section between Beamish and Kipling will be completed once that development block is completed.

1652727175023.png

You can see part of it here near the Six Points Plaza.
1652727261405.png

So the name is deceptive, Linear Park isnt much of a park but rather just a pedestrian pathway.

Honesly I hope Etobicoke City Centre turns out being close, if not better than North York City Centre. The last thing i'd want is for another Yonge+Eglinton situation, that area is a dead zone after ~7-8pm. The current city counsellor doesnt leave me with much hope for pushing for a great community though.

Unfortunately I dont think this walkway will bring any vibrancy to the area. Not to mention it will be shocking the price tag for asphalt concrete and a few trees.

I want to be optimistic but its just very hard in this particular area... a nice park could be nice, though this isn't even that, and I have my doubts when framed by 4 major roadways.

View attachment 392814
Every time I see this little road i the hydro corridor here, I always think "no, keep going! And turn it into a BRT!"
Not in Hydro One Vision. All the dreams will never bear an BRT. The city was lucky to get Auckland built.

Back