News   Apr 30, 2024
 535     0 
News   Apr 30, 2024
 505     0 
News   Apr 30, 2024
 1.1K     0 

Roads: GTA West Corridor—Highway 413

Okay then, Highway 425 from the 401/403 split in Woodstock through Stratford, Fergus, Flesherton, Wasaga, Midland to Orillia next!

Better start planning the 431 too from London through Tobermory and with a causeway to South Baymouth, Espanola, and Sudbury.
From what I am aware of there is quite a substantial amount of work that is to be done to highway 26 between stayner and Barrie in the coming future probably an unpopular opinion but hoping that they continue to use more roundabouts as the ones that are on the newer bypass section between Collingwood and Wasaga are great I freaking hate intersections 🤣🤣🤣

probably an unpopular opinion but hoping that they continue to use more roundabouts as the ones that are on the newer bypass section between Collingwood and Wasaga are great I freaking hate intersections 🤣🤣🤣
Yes yes yes! I was very pleasantly surprised by this when I visited Collingwood via Airport Rd a few times this past summer/fall.

Yes yes yes! I was very pleasantly surprised by this when I visited Collingwood via Airport Rd a few times this past summer/fall.
Yeah the only choke points for both of those roads is stayner as 26 goes down to a single lane at 30 kmh and then basically rams right into airport road and there is no space in stayners main street to widen without taking all the parking away there though they could just in the future bypass more to the north

There's an epidemic of people that have just drunk way too much Transit-Youtuber Kool-Aid and think all Highways are unnecessary.
It's actually funny because sometimes it contradicts their own ideology. Sometimes a highway needs to be built to reroute thru traffic so that a stroad can be turned into an actual street or to prioritize transit. Even the Netherlands builds highways for this purpose. But no, instead we should build an 8 lane mega boulevard that gives the worst of all worlds... In the case for the 413 at least, there is lots of room to argue that it will take thousands of trucks off the streets of Brampton and Caledon. Even for the people that say shift them to the 407, highways are still necessary...

It's actually funny because sometimes it contradicts their own ideology. Sometimes a highway needs to be built to reroute thru traffic so that a stroad can be turned into an actual street or to prioritize transit. Even the Netherlands builds highways for this purpose. But no, instead we should build an 8 lane mega boulevard that gives the worst of all worlds... In the case for the 413 at least, there is lots of room to argue that it will take thousands of trucks off the streets of Brampton and Caledon. Even for the people that say shift them to the 407, highways are still necessary...
I kinda posted the 401 comment as sarcasm. My only gripe with the shift trucks to 407 is... alot of these truckers don't have proper road etiquette and will literally stagger across all 5 lanes of the 407. I've seen it on my way to work but if it helps everyone else its fine. I personally pay the premium of the 407 so I don't have to sit in traffic on Highway 7 going to work. (I would love to take transit but that doesn't work with a 2 hour or even 3 hour call time to get to work). 413 would probably save me maybe 1 minute off the 407, but versus Highway 7 at least 15 minutes each way. I get slightly frustrated at the transit youtubers when they go in a unrealistic fantasies without researching at what the cost could be for everyone.

In the case for the 413 at least, there is lots of room to argue that it will take thousands of trucks off the streets of Brampton and Caledon. Even for the people that say shift them to the 407, highways are still necessary...
I constantly see people use the "move trucks onto the 407" argument way too much and they fail to understand that for it to work, trucks need to still get there. And trucking companies located in north brampton/southern Caledon have the tedious task of even trying to make it to the 407, and highway 410 cant handle the amount of traffic on it already.

I constantly see people use the "move trucks onto the 407" argument way too much and they fail to understand that for it to work, trucks need to still get there. And trucking companies located in north brampton/southern Caledon have the tedious task of even trying to make it to the 407, and highway 410 cant handle the amount of traffic on it already.
I really don't think move the trucks onto the 407 would be sustainable. The government would have to subsidize the toll charges and 407ETR would be charging a pretty penny. They have every rights to say trucks are damaging their roadways and slowing down traffic causing them to lose revenue.

Yes trucks will need to get their but over time, warehouses eventually end up beside highways as cost saving measures. Tons of new industrial builds are going up along the 427 extension and this will happen with the 413 too if there is no control. The bad side of this 413 plan is Ford is helping his buddies with development near the 413.

Yes trucks will need to get their but over time, warehouses eventually end up beside highways as cost saving measures. Tons of new industrial builds are going up along the 427 extension and this will happen with the 413 too if there is no control. The bad side of this 413 plan is Ford is helping his buddies with development near the 413.
This is why I really want to see a freight bypass for CP rail get constructed alongside the 413. It won't be long before warehouses and other developments start building right up next to the highway. Making the possibility of a freight bypass less likely or more complex.

Development has already been zoned up to 413 and it's majority residential for most of the corridor. See something like this https://ic12.esolg.ca/11187116_Town...raft/1-All-of-the-OP-Schedules-ACCESSIBLE.pdf

A freight rail line parallel to it has never been in the conversation. The municipalities don't want it.
I wouldn't say that it's residential for "most" of the corridor. All of the blue here is employment:

1712670385893.png

Back