News   Jul 31, 2024
 768     0 
News   Jul 31, 2024
 710     0 
News   Jul 31, 2024
 528     0 

Road Safety & Vision Zero Plan

That may be added frustration, and may cause drivers to defy the controls altogether. Unless one intends to enforce (in Toronto, that's a fantasy), I can see things working worse rather than better.

Toronto drivers usually see nothing wrong with blowing through a red light, as long as it has only been red for a few seconds. But so far, thankfully, it's pretty rare to see someone proceed through a red light after they've actually stopped.

Toronto drivers usually see nothing wrong with blowing through a red light, as long as it has only been red for a few seconds. But so far, thankfully, it's pretty rare to see someone proceed through a red light after they've actually stopped.
I have seen drivers go through fully red lights in Mississauga at least a couple times, so it would not surprise me to see it happen in Toronto too.

what degree of visual cue to motorists would best serve safety and convenience for all
I'm reminded of a series of (award winning apparently) Department of Highways commercials from the early 1970s

I can't image a reference to a 'snow plow tail gunner' would survive the government's image gatekeepers today.

Back