News   Apr 19, 2024
 202     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 866     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 8.2K     2 

Riverdale

Today there was a black Vette parked there, and it's been there for months. I can't recall a yellow one but I do remember a Porsche for a while.

There were also at least three Mercedes Benz and one Audi parked all day, as usual, with disabled permits, between Jones and Pape. One car belongs to "Dino" to whom I refer in another thread. He is president of the Business Improvement Association. Membership has its privileges I guess.

Ice lounge was for sale at one point, but no takers (considering there was no business to speak off.) But at a mere 250k (for the store front)

Considering 'Dino' is head of the BIA, i would think construction and waste management than actual narcotics trafficking.

Today there was a black Vette parked there, and it's been there for months. I can't recall a yellow one but I do remember a Porsche for a while.

There were also at least three Mercedes Benz and one Audi parked all day, as usual, with disabled permits, between Jones and Pape. One car belongs to "Dino" to whom I refer in another thread. He is president of the Business Improvement Association. Membership has its privileges I guess.

Do you know Dino?

As for Ice Lounge. It was never a front for drug dealing. But it was a dump. It has been changed up a little now, but I doubt it will be as busy as a place on that corner should be.

Ice lounge was for sale at one point, but no takers (considering there was no business to speak off.) But at a mere 250k (for the store front)

Considering 'Dino' is head of the BIA, i would think construction and waste management than actual narcotics trafficking.

I think you've watched one episode too much of the Sopranos.

And Ice Lounge started off way back when for something like 500k for sale. Insanity.

Signs have gone up in the windows of the old Sun Valley grocery store saying that Kitchen Stuff Plus will be opening there in September. I guess Rexall didn't work out or was just a rumour.

If, as suggested earlier in this thread, the former Mark's location across the street turns out to be a Canadian Tire Express focused on housewares, then that is a lot of kitchen/housewares stores on this stretch of Danforth.

Signs have gone up in the windows of the old Sun Valley grocery store saying that Kitchen Stuff Plus will be opening there in September. I guess Rexall didn't work out or was just a rumour..

I suspect that Kitchen Stuff Plus got wind of what Canadian Tire was planning and jumped at the opportunity to fill the Sun Valley void. Perhaps Pape and Danforth will be THE Kitchen supply destination in the city. ;)

There are already three housewares stores with a few blocks of this site -- two more large stores would be massive overkill. There will be a big shakeout before long.

That said, I do like Kitchen Stuff Plus, so I'm glad they're coming to the neighbourhood.

Wow.. that will kill the coffeetime down the street.
Perhaps it's just personal preference, but that would seem no great loss.

I wonder if Tim's will retain its location at Logan? I wouldn't think that two sizeable stores so close would make economic sense.

Back