News   Jul 22, 2024
 306     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 556     0 

Riding the Ugly Way (Transit Etiquette)

I wish some TTC drivers would learn some etiquette. The route I take is unreliable at rush hours, with often terrible bunching and overcrowded buses. Often, if there are not any buses for a while in the PM, I will simply wait for the first one or two buses fill up, and then get the third bus which (usually) comes after which will be half empty, and often by-passing the first, busier buses.

This time I did this, it happening to be on the shortest of all the branches (leading into a small industrial area), but the driver did everything in her power to avoid people boarding the bus after a few of us got on at the station. She by-passes the first bus at the next stop, dispite many people waiting, and the bus already full and by-passes the second. Later, she pulls over at a empty stop (with no stop request), to allow one bus to by-pass her so she doesn't have to pick anyone up ahead at the next stop. After that, she moves to the left lane, going 20 km/h in a 50km/h zone so the second bus passes ours. She lefts me and other off after the lights at my stop, by-passing the crowd at my stop all together, and forcing me to cross the street twice now. I figure it was to ensure a nice easy time for her, while other buses were stuffed. Damn lazy-ass driver.

Exhibit B: Read "TTC STREETCAR OPERATOR's" comment on Steve Munro's blog after a comment I made about St. Clair.

www.stevemunro.ca/?p=331

It can be very hard to support TTC employees sometimes with such awful examples as these.

Back