News   Apr 25, 2024
 342     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1K     4 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1K     0 

Restaurants near Yonge/Sheppard

What kind of place are you looking for?

I live in the area and I usually go for takeout from Gol (Iranian food on Spring Garden), bar burrito, shwarma max, or quiznos. Gol is pretty good value I find, It's around $6 for two koobideh kebabs and a lot of rice, and a pop.

I've had lunch a few times at the Indian restaurant that's just north of the Frog & Firkin. It was reasonably priced, tasty, buffet style Indian food. I found that they were always slow to bring around more water even though the restaurant is usually empty besides our table.

I've been meaning to try out Memphis Style smokehouse that's in the same block as Second Cup and Bar Burrito.

There's also all the chain restaurants around, the keg, spring rolls, baton rouge, moxies, boston pizza, and milestones. I've always found spring rolls a convenient place to take a date.

Breakfast options are pretty limited. I usually stick to the Frog&Firkin for breakfast on the weekends. The only other places I can think of that serve breakfast are the Mirage cafe in the sheppard centre, or the Black Sheep pub. I'd avoid the black sheep, the food has always been pretty soggy and gross there in my experience.

I'm also curious to hear any recommendations for yonge and sheppard. I usually like cheap and tasty over more expensive fine dining options. You could also try searching on chowhound for recommendations. Those people know their food better than I do.

Memphis has tasty ribs. Bombay Bhel has good Indian food, and Asian legend, just north of Empress, has really good Chinese food. They are often considered amongst the top of the Toronto Chinese restaurants. Apparently the strip of restaurants between Sheppard and the big government building is to be avoided.

We tried SoGreat Thai recently, and it wasn't so great, unless you enjoy your curry so sweet it tastes like table syrup. Hmm, what else? Bar Burrito makes delicious and large burritos. Moxie's is the generic crap you find in all chain restaurants, but Baton Rouge is supposed to be much better (and more expensive). Haven't tried that one yet. I'll add if I remember anything else that we've tried.

Thanks for the tips. I was tempted by the Memphis BBQ place, but the people I was meeting up with aren't big on meat. We ended up at Cuisine of India, which was actually pretty good. Doesn't look like much on the outside, but the food was decent.

Back