News   Apr 23, 2024
 602     0 

Restaurant Comings & Goings

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5V 2P5

Ward 19: Trinity-Spadina

Application#: 14 107570 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Jan 22, 2014

Project: Other Interior Alterations

Description: Proposal for interior alterations to existing ground and second floor of existing building for a place of amusment "Chill Ice House". Proposal to include for HVAC and PLB.

http://chillicehouse.com/

Nando's is now open in Burano, at 832 Bay St. According to their Facebook page, their chicken is halal, for those who care. (I do, unfortunately...)

I really don't care either way about halal vs not halal but nandos is good stuff. Its been open for a couple of weeks now and is the first corporate owned store in the GTA.

Personally I'd never knowingly buy halal given the choice.

Same here. Why would a chain restaurant cater to a particular religion, knowing other people might be turned off by this? I understand, for example, that Sikhs are not allowed to eat ritualistically killed animals, and I refuse to have anything to do with any religion.

Last edited:
Same here. Why would a chain restaurant cater to a particular religion, knowing other people might be turned off by this? I understand, for example, that Sikhs are not allowed to eat ritualistically killed animals, and I refuse to have anything to do with any religion.

I thought Sikh's were vegetarian/vegan according to their faith. And as for you, I guess weddings in places of worship and eating at a kosher deli are out, huh?

I thought Sikh's were vegetarian/vegan according to their faith. And as for you, I guess weddings in places of worship and eating at a kosher deli are out, huh?

Vegetarianism isn't a requirement; I don't know any straight people who have any chance of getting married in the forseeable future; yes. ;-)

Vegetarianism isn't a requirement; I don't know any straight people who have any chance of getting married in the forseeable future; yes. ;-)

1. Didn't realize that
2. What about gay couples? Not all churches are anti-gay.
3. You're missing out (hubby is Jewish. Not kosher, but we've gone to delis before. It's GOOD!).

TORONTO ON M5X 1K7

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 14 112958 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Feb 4, 2014

Project: Multiple Unit Building Interior Demolition

Description: To complete interior demolition to the First Canadian Place Food Court to remove five restaurants

Ole Ole on King East (formerly Kultura) is no more. It hadn't been open since the new year. Today, they took the liquor and the stoves out on trucks, presumably just ahead of the bailiffs.

TORONTO ON M5X 1K7

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 14 112958 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Feb 4, 2014

Project: Multiple Unit Building Interior Demolition

Description: To complete interior demolition to the First Canadian Place Food Court to remove five restaurants

Interesting. I wonder which restaurants they are talking about? That space where the Cactus Club has been allegedly going has not had any signs of life for months.

Back