News   Jul 15, 2024
 437     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 581     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 569     0 

Restaurant Comings & Goings

Maybe it's a good thing in that they'll move further west, closer to Broadview. I am really looking forward to a dramatic revival of that strip.
While I too look forward to a revitalized "Chinatown East," I think there's also room here at Logan for improvement too. Especially on the south side, just east of Hammersmith's where the sidewalk is huge and could potentially house a bunch of patios.

Oh and I'm going to miss their duck plate in the meantime.

Nando's is opening at the base of the Burano condos on January 20th! Walked past today and it looks really nice.

While I too look forward to a revitalized "Chinatown East," I think there's also room here at Logan for improvement too. Especially on the south side, just east of Hammersmith's where the sidewalk is huge and could potentially house a bunch of patios.

Oh and I'm going to miss their duck plate in the meantime.

That's true. There's already a cafe there. Forget the name. Something cute and punn-y on coffee.

Those buildings used to be owned by that eccentric couple who owned that gorgeous century home on Simpson, the one that used to be decked out like a carnival freak show. I wonder who owns those buildings now. I know he died. She must have passed on by now as well.

Still recommending Kritamos in the old Wimpy's locale on Danforth. Been there five times now!

A friend who walked by Café California on Church today told me that it has closed. Their website, complete with a Winterlicious ad, is still online.

Hammersmith's at the SW corner of Gerrard and Logan is gone. Shame. According to BlogTO, business was good but the landlord was an ass, so the owners decided to cut their losses and are looking for a new location in which to reopen.

The southeast corner from where they used to be is for lease, why don't they move there?

A friend who walked by Café California on Church today told me that it has closed. Their website, complete with a Winterlicious ad, is still online.

I thought there was a sign that said they were renovating. The food is actually great there (and they just launched a new menu), but that 90's ceramic decor was god awful...

I noticed Hey Meatball has a new location on Queen East in Leslieville

Back