News   Apr 25, 2024
 108     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 

Restaurant Comings & Goings

Harveys on St Clair W at Bathurst St is now open.

There will be a Starbucks at Mississauga Sheridan College located north west (your right) of the main entrance as you enter.

For anyone who hasn't seen the new Joey Restaurant.
6090360789_16b07822cf_z.jpg
[/url]
Joey's Restaurant On Dundas West by queer_central, on Flickr[/IMG]

Indochine on Collier, west of Yonge (and north of Bloor) is now called Star Anise Pan Asian Cuisine. Same owners, different name.

Also, does anyone know who's taking over the old Le Pain Quotidien? The for lease sign is gone and furniture taken out.

Haft of the the original food court outlets are gone from the new Eaton Food court, with about haft of those been replace by new ones. It was a zoo when I was there today, with no place to sit. A big improvement.

The Moe's Southwest Grill located at 35 Eglinton Ave E is now closed.

I think it was the first (and only?) Moe's in Canada.

Haft of the the original food court outlets are gone from the new Eaton Food court, with about haft of those been replace by new ones. It was a zoo when I was there today, with no place to sit. A big improvement.

Have you seen a listing of the food court tenants in the new food court anywhere yet? The Eaton Centre website is proudly proclaiming that the Urban Eatery is now open, but if you go into their retailer listings, they seem to have only the old south food court tenants listed. Not impressed!

The Moe's Southwest Grill located at 35 Eglinton Ave E is now closed.

I think it was the first (and only?) Moe's in Canada.

I believe the first was the one on Hurontario @ Bristol in Mississauga. It eventually went under twice. They also had a location in the east end of Ottawa in Orleans that closed earlier this year.

Watched Dragon's Den tonight and the founder of Balzac's Coffee Shops (5 locations now) was asking for $350k for 20% of her business ($3.2M sales last year). She was strapped for cash due to opening 2 new locations last year. Said she needed the $ because she just won a competition to open 2 new high profile outlets in Toronto. Any ideas? BTW, she struck a deal.

Watched Dragon's Den tonight and the founder of Balzac's Coffee Shops (5 locations now) was asking for $350k for 20% of her business ($3.2M sales last year). She was strapped for cash due to opening 2 new locations last year. Said she needed the $ because she just won a competition to open 2 new high profile outlets in Toronto. Any ideas? BTW, she struck a deal.

Most of those deals don't actually close...... although maybe the new Dragon will have a better track record than the other ones.

I took a walk down York earlier tonight and was happy to see how lively the street is now. The Earl's patio was hopping. The new restaurant on York on the south side of King looked to be doing a soft open and it has a nice patio (empty tonight due to the unseasonably cold weather). The old seafood place at York and Richmond looks to have renovated and gone a bit upscale. Overall the street was so much busier than I remember it being 5 years ago. What a transformation. The FiDi is alive at night now!

Last edited:

Back