News   Apr 26, 2024
 437     1 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 199     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 665     0 

Restaurant Comings & Goings

Hmm, a 24hr coffee shop in Regent Park making everything "feel a lot safer". How far we've come, indeed...

The Tim Horton's in the new Regent Park is 24hr, which is perfect for this location. There's always people around the intersection now, it feels a lot safer.

Yeah, it's amazing how many people you see in that intersection now. Last week I saw about 20 people sitting and having coffee outside the Tim Hortons. It feels much safer now. What a nice mix of ethnicities too.

The Spring Rolls at the Atrium on Bay is closed for renovations and will reopen in a couple of weeks as their new brand "SU&SHI". Hopefully, this new concept will feature dishes that are actually edible.

It's still going to be a Spring Rolls, they are simply adding sushi to the menu. It re-opens August 3rd.

I love their food, especially for the price. Can't wait to check it out when it re-opens :)

Spring Rolls is the pickle barrel of the Far East.

Huge menu complete with pretty pictures (!) yet the food tastes horrible.

Spring Rolls is the pickle barrel of the Far East.

Huge menu complete with pretty pictures (!) yet the food tastes horrible.

I can't get past how no matter what you order, it's ready 30 seconds later. Also, I don't find it that cheap!

Personally I used to find Spring Rolls good. But since they've expanded, e.g. to Erin Mills and Square One, I just haven't found it that great anymore. Though to be honest I don't think I've been to a Spring Rolls in like a year.

I made my once-every-two-decades visit to a Swiss Chalet to that particular one, last year. It was like being transported back to the 1970s, only without the recreational drugs.

That is very disturbing, I love that place.

The Chick 'n' Deli is still not open yet, but it has a new sign and name: People's Chicken. I think that's correct. The People's Chicken. The giant chicken/hen/rooster/cock/whatever it is, is back on the roof. So maybe opening soon.

The Chick 'n' Deli is still not open yet, but it has a new sign and name: People's Chicken. I think that's correct. The People's Chicken. The giant chicken/hen/rooster/cock/whatever it is, is back on the roof. So maybe opening soon.

I saw that! I was in T. for 6 days last week with my car and drove by it.

I finally got to try Duff's wings on College - absolutely foul. Undercooked and horribly soggy. I did have a terrific plate of wings on this trip at Barker's in Hudson Wisconsin.

Is there a good wing place in Toronto proper?

Back