News   Jul 22, 2024
 32     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 941     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 4K     7 

Restaurant Comings & Goings

Im willing to make a bet that the food hall is a fad and soon all the diner realize they are paying high restaurant prices for a subpar food court experience.

The retail leasing team will struggle to always re-lease these space long term.

my estimate is each food vendor will only survive say 2 year tops and that is being optimistic...

Assembly is still doing pretty well. Even on a Friday, when it's pretty dead in the financial district food courts, it's half full. Most days you can't find a table.

But when O&B open a food hall at 1 York and immediately close it for the "summer season" that can't be a good omen.

Im willing to make a bet that the food hall is a fad and soon all the diner realize they are paying high restaurant prices for a subpar food court experience.

The retail leasing team will struggle to always re-lease these space long term.

my estimate is each food vendor will only survive say 2 year tops and that is being optimistic...

Plenty of other North American cities boast multiple food halls that have endured over many years, and have become local fixtures, so I'm totally mystified as to why there's this broad undercurrent of hostility and skepticism when it comes to food halls in Toronto. These are very well established dining models that Toronto has been lagging on, and we're just now catching up. Would everyone really prefer just another food court with a Freshii and a Subway?

Back