News   Aug 29, 2024
 624     1 
News   Aug 29, 2024
 1K     3 
News   Aug 29, 2024
 539     1 

Restaurant Comings & Goings

Pompette at 597 College Street are closing after 4 years in business. They were one of restaurants that were mentioned on the Michelin Bib Gourmand list.

However, the team behind Pompette have plans to reopen with a new concept to be announced later:

Good review; I still haven't made it down here yet, I will have to do that soon!

I made my first visit here, and elected to try the Stuffed Naan at Karak.

I love the sound of many of the traditional Indian flavoured ones, but opted to go for a fusion choice the first time out.

1722169863339.png

I neglected to take a picture, but extracted this still from their Insta:

1722169940177.png

I quite enjoyed it. The beef was tender and did have a subtle smokiness about it, the BBQ sauce was a bit sweet for my taste, but still bold and interesting, while the cheese was that gooey richness you hope for on the best slices of 'za.

The portion is substantial, I was there for lunch, and 1/2 the amount would have been ample for me. I had been thinking of trying the ice cream from Demetres afterwards, but I was just too full.

At $23.99 its fully priced, but I felt it was good value overall. My only suggestions to them (which I made), were to consider a smaller size portion for lunch as an option, and the naan I had might benefit just a hint of zing in it to break up the richness, yummy though it is. (this could be heat, or maybe a pickled element)

Attachments

• 1722170250757.png
    1722170250757.png
    111.2 KB · Views: 15
I haven't gotten to Waterworks yet, but I went to the fish & chips place at the new O&B food hall at the Eaton Centre, and it was really nice. They have a small portion for ten bucks, which was a nice lunch along with a cookie from Craig's. And right now you can get a cheap beer/glass of wine at the bar and watch Olympic coverage with sound on.

Marbl at 455 King St W has closed. The space will return to the restaurant/bar concept that was previously there called "100 Days":

A sports bar called Score on Queen will be opening at the former Black Bull Tavern at Queen W & Soho:

Marbl at 455 King St W has closed. The space will return to the restaurant/bar concept that was previously there called "100 Days":

A sports bar called Score on Queen will be opening at the former Black Bull Tavern at Queen W & Soho:

Marbl on King west was the place to be seen according to many TikToker and the food was so subpar...but I think they are reopening on Financial District!

Back