News   Mar 28, 2024
 27     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     2 

Restaurant Comings & Goings

The Irish Pub An Sibin that replaced The Real Jerk at Queen and Broadview closed abruptly last weekend - citing "unreasonable and many rent increases"

I don't really see it as karma - it's not like the tenants of the Irish pub forced the Real Jerk out.

Holy crap - Mengrai Thai "has gone out of business due to unfortunate circumstances." Does anyone have any more info on this? This must be a fairly recent occurrence.

I am super bummed -- it was perhaps the best Thai in the city, and darned close to where I live.

Holy crap - Mengrai Thai "has gone out of business due to unfortunate circumstances." Does anyone have any more info on this? This must be a fairly recent occurrence.

I am super bummed -- it was perhaps the best Thai in the city, and darned close to where I live.
That's a drag; I only managed to eat there once (it was good).

There's a large development proposal for the whole block, so they probably wouldn't have stuck around much longer anyway.

I feel badly for the An Sibin people, and hope they can recover from this, happy for the Real Jerk and hope that it's continuing to benefit from the Drake publicity at its new location, and finally I hope the landlord learns that if you get too greedy, you lose.

Is it not too early to determine if the landlord has "lost".....they put a price on their space....the tenant that was there decided it did not work for their business so they closed.....if the landlord goes on to find a viable tenant that pays the rent they are asking....how have they lost?

Is it not too early to determine if the landlord has "lost".....they put a price on their space....the tenant that was there decided it did not work for their business so they closed.....if the landlord goes on to find a viable tenant that pays the rent they are asking....how have they lost?
It depends on how long their space stays empty. The market will tell them if they are charging too much or not, depending on how much difficulty they have in filling the space again.

Back