News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.4K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 408     0 

Restaurant Comings & Goings

Sooo disappointing!!! :mad: You would think with all that money Molson's has they could open a brew pub/ retail store. What a waste!
No, because they'd be stepping on the feet of several bars that they sell beer to in the immediate area.

Yep, Pearl is open and was pretty busy. Laura Secord took over the spot that A&W use to be at. There is also a Thai Express. I too am curious as to what Orlando Corp. considers "high end".

I also noticed a few weeks back work is continuing at the former Lai Toh Heen restaurant on Mt. Pleasant. Amaya is launching a Food Bazaar concept restaurant at that location - http://www.thegridto.com/life/food-drink/amaya-is-moving-into-lai-toh-heen-space…/ . Sweet Quality next door also bit the dust and work is continuing on converting that space into a Starbucks.

I thought the old A&W spot became South Street Burger.

No, because they'd be stepping on the feet of several bars that they sell beer to in the immediate area.

If they only carry "Six Pints" it would work. I don't even know if they would be allowed to sell other Molson beers that arent brewed on site.

You're probably right. Do you know what was there before the Laura Secord?
The spot where the current Laura Secord is, if I guessed correctly, was the entrance to the old Loblaws before they did the rebuild years ago.

The spot where the current Laura Secord is, if I guessed correctly, was the entrance to the old Loblaws before they did the rebuild years ago.

Actually, I'm pretty sure that the current Laura Secord was the entrance to Kabuki before it moved next to Oliver & Bonacini. Before Kabuki opened, it was home to a fast food place called Tummy Ticklers. The old Loblaws location has now been broken down into several clothing stores.

***Note: I've been going to Bayview Village since I was a baby. I'm 32 years old now***

Foccacia on Hayden Street has closed their take-out shop. It's now (yet) another falafel/schwarma place. For some reason, the actual Foccacia sign is not down yet.

OK, so I tried the new M and E take-out spot yesterday. Not good. I also don't think they're technically ready for business - still no official sign (Foccacia hasn't taken theirs down yet) and worst of all, they wouldn't make me a vegetarian sandwich/pita/wrap, despite having them on the menu! Guy said that they were available for dinner only. Ummm, okay, but that's not what the menu says.

Kind of posted a (nicerish) write-up on my site

Village Rainbow at Church and Maitland

IMG1826-L.jpg

IMG1829-L.jpg

It's funny, I've eaten there dozens of times, but I don't think I've ever gone inside it. It's always strictly been a patio kind of place for me.

The Tim Horton's near me was undergoing "Renovations To Serve Me Better" according to the sandwich board out front earlier this week.

A look through the window showed the renovations included several inches of dirty water accumulating on the floor and some plumbers busily scurrying about.

Back