News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 390     0 

Restaurant Comings & Goings

The infamous Green Room is back. There are just too many good memeories associated with that place for me to ever accept it closing. No matter how awful the service/food/cleanliness. The atmosphere of the place on a hot summer night is something unique. If you stick to bottled beer you'll avoid any health risks too :rolleyes:

Also the famous New York Subway is closing. At least temporarily. Mixed messages from that thread about what will ultimately happen to the place, but it's certain what is there now will be gone for the near future.

There's an application in to put a 2 storey 200 seat restaurant in this space. On this strip of Yonge, the more restaurants the better.

207.JPG

And not sure if *this* has been mentioned/observed yet, but the Victoria Restaurant at Queen + Victoria--one of the last ungentrified old-school spoons in the core--seems to have bit the dust...

Head on up to the Cityview on the 8th floor of the Simpsons Tower. That'll fix you up.

[URL="http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/767915"]Also the famous New York Subway is closing. At least temporarily. Mixed messages from that thread about what will ultimately happen to the place, but it's certain what is there now will be gone for the near future.
Very disappointing. They offered a good product cheap and I also admired how they won their war with the much bigger "Subway." I could be wrong, but I think they are the same owners as Gadhi (also excellent) down the street.

The infamous Green Room is back. There are just too many good memeories associated with that place for me to ever accept it closing. No matter how awful the service/food/cleanliness. The atmosphere of the place on a hot summer night is something unique. If you stick to bottled beer you'll avoid any health risks too :rolleyes:
And it's already closed again.

Looks like the Swiss Chalet on Yonge Street is permanently closed. They removed the signature sign yesterday.I guess they realized the renovations would be too expensive. Unless they have found a new location?

A new larger "Lease" sign has been installed.

Salvati mens clothing on Cumberland across from Lettierri will close on March 31 and will apparently be converted to a coffee shop by the same owner.

salvati.JPG

Good move considering the building Lettieri currently occupies is going to be demolished for a condo.

Back