News   Feb 26, 2024
 462     0 
News   Feb 26, 2024
 2.2K     3 
News   Feb 26, 2024
 669     0 

Restaurant Comings & Goings

Why did you not try to get the server/bartender's attention?

If it was a causal place, i would have done that. But a fancy place, where i'm spending nearly $30 a cocktail, i shouldn't have to flag a server down. Eye contact (coupled with straight back posture) should be enough to get their attention.
I waited over 10 minutes to be served and was completely ignored by all the servers walking around. A simple acknowledgement like "hi, someone will be right with you" would have been nice.

If it was a causal place, i would have done that. But a fancy place, where i'm spending nearly $30 a cocktail, i shouldn't have to flag a server down. Eye contact (coupled with straight back posture) should be enough to get their attention.
I waited over 10 minutes to be served and was completely ignored by all the servers walking around. A simple acknowledgement like "hi, someone will be right with you" would have been nice.
Fully agreed - that's a very annoying experience. I didn't mean to sound like I was victim shaming. It's just that occasionally when my patience wore thin I waved over or approached the server to say, "Can you take our order now? We've been waiting for a while."

That always seems to shock them into action 😄

Fully agreed - that's a very annoying experience. I didn't mean to sound like I was victim shaming. It's just that occasionally when my patience wore thin I waved over or approached the server to say, "Can you take our order now? We've been waiting for a while."

That always seems to shock them into action 😄
One I complained that we had been waiting for 20 minutes for our dessert order to be taken. The manager immediately comped all our drinks and desserts, and I was rolling my eyes. I didn't mind paying, I just wanted competent service!

New restaurant at King Blue Hotel Toronto

20230914_002330.jpg

I laughed when I saw this...

"Rev 01 - Changes to MEP for Pizza Oven," 🤣 🤣

They don't have the menu posted on the website but here is what I found via Vancouver's Sing Sing Instagram

I think the main focus is to bring office workers here for the happy hour and charge high prices for "Asian fusion" bar food.

Sing Sing was confirmed back in April to be taking the Duke.

Word on the street is that King Tap's is taking over the Ascari and LOV spaces to build out an approx. 7,500 sf restaurant (across the street from the new Earls).

Word on the street is that King Tap's is taking over the Ascari and LOV spaces to build out an approx. 7,500 sf restaurant (across the street from the new Earls).

I guess Toronto cannot keep up with its generic food brands from out west...

Chaiyo is located in a food hall (albeit a very swanky one on the fourth floor of CIBC Square). For Regular, the relatively tight menu and quick-service model is an opportunity to be freewheeling with the day’s selections, adjusting for seasonality and her ever-changing inspiration.

again Im not a fan of the food hall concept...

Back