News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 459     0 

Residence College Hotel new Lecture Hall (90 Gerrard St. W, 2s, DSAI)

90gn21.jpg

Having spent my first year of university in this building, I am really not sad to see it go. I'm sad something better/taller isn't replacing it. But the interior of this building was kind of a sh!thole

Sorry if i completely missed it, But is there a rendering of the 2s structure thats to replace this thing yet? i cant seem to find the pictures for this new lecture hall.

Well hopefully amidst all this secrecy there are plans to revise the proposal to something more than a 2-storey lecture hall. Would be a rather waste of space, especially at this location. Naturally the university could always use more residence space to accommodate its growing student population.

That proposed student rez building at 245 College (originally at 42 storeys) would of had no problem getting approval at this location.

Is this lecture hall for UofT? If so, then why did they not propose the student residence over here rather then on College?

Why nobody's entertained the possibility that a two-storey lecture hall might actually be intended as but a "first phase" of something, I don't know. (There's neighbourhood precedent, if one considers the former one-storey Bay Street wing of Eaton's College Street.)

If that's all that's been presently approved for construction, that might just be phased prudence, not shortsightedness.

They have to complete demolition first!!!this demolition is sure taking along time its been almost 2 years since they have started.

Pic taken Jan 22, 2013 from Toronto General Hospital.

911XFHQ.jpg

Kinda weird seeing right through this building and seeing my old view from first year through an empty shell of a building. Crazy. But it was a gross building and I'm glad to see it gone.

Going back a couple years to the beginning of this thread, there were suggestions that it's only the fortress like base that's being redeveloped into a lecture hall; the tower may remain. In that case, this project makes a lot more sense. A new lecture hall and expansion of student housing perhaps.

Going back a couple years to the beginning of this thread, there were suggestions that it's only the fortress like base that's being redeveloped into a lecture hall; the tower may remain. In that case, this project makes a lot more sense. A new lecture hall and expansion of student housing perhaps.

I don't think so, unless things have changed. According to the demo company's website they are demolishing the entire building:

http://www.aimgroup.ca/case-studies/university-health-network/

Back