News   Apr 18, 2024
 420     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 3K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.1K     4 

Regent Park

The signs now indicate that it's going to be a FreshCo (rebrand of Price Chopper), but as far as I know it's always been scheduled to open this September.
I wondered if the reputed Sobey's was really going to be a Sobey's. That neighbourhood would do better as a Price Chopper. When I lived in Fredericton, Price Chopper was awful, you'd never buy your fruits and veg from there.

I stand corrected, I've now heard from multiple sources it will be FreshCo, I guess this is the low end version of Sobey's which might be more appropriate for this locale. However, I still think Sobey's may have raised the profile of this development a bit more.

On a separate note, how sad is it about the news about the two young people being brutally shot this weekend in Regent Park. I wonder if this neighbourhood will ever be rid of this violence. Ironically, long term, these kids who go around killing other are only plunging their neighbourhood deeper into infamy and will destroy any opportunities the city have provided through revitalization.

I shopped there today. The produce is indeed quite fresh, and the store's layout is nice. I found it a tad expensive for a discount supermarket, but it is Sobeys, afterall. Still, I was able to pick up a few things I can't get at No Frills.

Riding past on the 505 last week I saw some ramshackle looking hoarding had been erected around a vacant lot on the south side of Dundas, just west of Parliament.
Passing today, I see it's been upgraded to condo-development-grade plywood hoarding complete with a roof over the sidewalk. There is construction equipment on site.

What is coming into this space?

Riding past on the 505 last week I saw some ramshackle looking hoarding had been erected around a vacant lot on the south side of Dundas, just west of Parliament.
Passing today, I see it's been upgraded to condo-development-grade plywood hoarding complete with a roof over the sidewalk. There is construction equipment on site.

What is coming into this space?

Confusingly, a re-agent sign has now been put up on the hoarding saying it is a "vacant lot" for sale.
What the hell is actually happening here?

Are you talking about 419 Dundas Street East?

It's been for sale for ages, the sign even appears on Google maps!

"Prime Downtown Development Site....In The Revitalized Regent Park Area. This Land Won't Be Available At This Price For Long! Mixed Use Commercial Residential, Great For Live/Work Space **** EXTRAS **** Zoned Mixed Commercial Residential 1.5 Times Coverage. PerfectFor Main Floor Commercial And 2 Floors Residential. " 16.83x114.00 FT

Alternately, you could be talking about 423-427 Dundas St East, which will be (was to be?) the site of an aboriginal rooming house (info: http://www.cabbagetownsouth.ca/Default.aspx?pageId=897452 ).

Are you talking about 419 Dundas Street East?

It's been for sale for ages, the sign even appears on Google maps!

"Prime Downtown Development Site....In The Revitalized Regent Park Area. This Land Won't Be Available At This Price For Long! Mixed Use Commercial Residential, Great For Live/Work Space **** EXTRAS **** Zoned Mixed Commercial Residential 1.5 Times Coverage. PerfectFor Main Floor Commercial And 2 Floors Residential. " 16.83x114.00 FT

Alternately, you could be talking about 423-427 Dundas St East, which will be (was to be?) the site of an aboriginal rooming house (info: http://www.cabbagetownsouth.ca/Default.aspx?pageId=897452 ).

I'm not really sure. The house on the south-west corner of Dundas and Poulette is signed 425. Everything west of that is vacant to 417. I just wonder why they put up new hoarding and appear to be excavating somthing, but it's still for sale as a vacant lot.

Very cosmopolitan neighbourhood scene, no ? Laundry on the balcony everyday for everyone to admire, very Hong Kong-ish.

attachment.php

Last edited:
I'm not really sure. The house on the south-west corner of Dundas and Poulette is signed 425. Everything west of that is vacant to 417. I just wonder why they put up new hoarding and appear to be excavating somthing, but it's still for sale as a vacant lot.

The neighbors property was for sale a little while ago too... I wonder if it ever sold... Could be an interesting lot for redevelopment...

Back