News   May 06, 2024
 755     0 
News   May 06, 2024
 600     1 

Recreated Bishop Block / Pretzel Bell Tavern

Gregory Graham

Member Bio
Reaction score
I apologize if a photo of this has already been posted recently, however, I wanted to share the recently revealed new-built face of the remaining house/building from the Bishop Block at Simcoe and Adelaide. It is part of the Shangri La building development. I am quite impressed at the high quality job that has been done. The face on Adelaide Street is not yet visible. This portion on Simcoe has been visible for about two weeks. It was covered by tarp for most of the winter. I thought someone else would have posted a pic by now, but I haven't seen it done, thus, here I am doing it.

Attachments

• Bishop Block (Simcoe St. facade) 21 April 11.jpg
    Bishop Block (Simcoe St. facade) 21 April 11.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 451
Thanks for the photo....I've been waiting for this to come out from under its wraps, and just haven't been over that way in the past couple of weeks. It's certainly a change from the old, neglected and forgotten Pretzel Bell, and I'll be interested to see how the whole thing turns out.

Thanks DSC. I'm afraid though I can't find the main Shangri-La thread. I took a few more snaps on my way home from work on Thursday night to give readers a sense of what this rebuilt face is looking like. See attached.

Attachments

• Bishop Block 003.jpg
    Bishop Block 003.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 309
  • Bishop Block 005.jpg
    Bishop Block 005.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 290
  • Bishop Block 004.jpg
    Bishop Block 004.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 305
  • Bishop Block 006.jpg
    Bishop Block 006.jpg