News   Jul 15, 2024
 359     1 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 527     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 559     0 

RBC Centre (LEED Gold, CadFair, 41s, KPF/B+H/&Co.) COMPLETE

Usually office towers pursue steel floor construction around a concrete core while regular apartments and condos stick purely to concrete. This is by no means a rule though (ex. Casa).

no, most are all reinforced concrete. I think we agreed that BCE Place / TD Can Trust Tower (Brookfield Place as its called now) was concrete core with steel framing, though with the unique twist of poured concrete floors on the steel platforms.

If you moved here in 1991, you should have seen atleast some of the 2 BCE towers being built, maybe Metro Hall, CBC, Simcoe Place....

congrats Paul451 on another set of great photos... the best ones Ive seen yet of RBC. We can really visualize its form now..:D

You can't see it too well in this picture but the opaque glass on the right section is darker than the one on the rest of the building.

Yes, yes ed. The glass is looking much better !!

I agree.

Paul thanks for the updated pictures.

Alkay

I may lose that bet. It's all a matter of what goes down at Bay Adelaide within the next month or so, before we can get some perspective.

If you moved here in 1991, you should have seen atleast some of the 2 BCE towers being built, maybe Metro Hall, CBC, Simcoe Place....

I think CBC, Simcoe PLace and Metro Hall were all concrete. i don't recall seeing a steel framed building going up. I thought that was an American thing.

I wasnt trying to say all those buildings were steel frame, he seemed to be saying he missed the last construction boom moving here in 91, but there was quite a bit going on then as I recall....

what about 250 Yonge? I have some old pics from around 91 with it just being topped off...

I was only 15-16 when the 250 was going up. I can remember it going up, but don't remember if it was steel or concrete.

If I had to take a guess, I would go with concrete just because the building was constructed partially on the inside and outside of the mall and working with steel may have been impractical.

he seemed to be saying he missed the last construction boom moving here in 91, but there was quite a bit going on then as I recall....

i guess i was out drinking for the end of the last construction boom.
or not paying attention to construction materials.
or both.

2220366660_612b8ac603_b.jpg

2220366142_cb63de386d_b.jpg

2219572179_a963807e22_b.jpg

2219571719_ab8ececde5_b.jpg

Does anyone know if there is anything planned for the that lot just east of Simcoe Place? It is quite large and lies just outside of the immediate business areas.

p5

Back