811     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 1K     12 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 505     0 

RBC Centre (LEED Gold, CadFair, 41s, KPF/B+H/&Co.) COMPLETE

IMG_1047.jpg

Another Urban Toronto Exclusive!

Testing on the lantern is happening now (9:20pm)!

They are "swiping" yellow and blue patterns from north to south across the lantern. Because my camera aperture is open for about 3/4 of a second I can't get a great capture on it, so the pictures below are just kind of average. But you get the idea. It's considerably more dramatic to watch as opposed to the photographs below.

RBC is in front of the CN Tower from my POV so that you know where to look.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Yes I just saw it myself. Didn't have a chance to get a picture but it was very dramatic! I look east at the west face of the building so don't see much of the lantern directly, but was actually alerted by the bright blue bar reflecting off the gold Royal Bank Plaza. Can't wait for it to be a permanent feature.

and thank you dt_geek for these pics! Can't wait to see it in person!

Is it only the lantern that is being tested or the side too.

From where I live, that's all I could see. As you can see from my photographs RBC is lit up very brightly so it's hard see whether side lighting was also on. Perhaps someone else nearby can keep an eye open for the LED's on the side of the building during any future tests.

Holy crap! I was at my brother's condo tonight and I couldn't believe how bright and dramatic the lit up lantern was! What great luck to be there tonight! :D

It was only doing blue and green so I hope it will do more colours when it's ready. It looked awesome!

Wow that looks like it might be really awesome. Can't really tell, as the photos are blurry. Try sitting the camera down, or using a tripod and using the timer feature on your camera. Shots will come out much clearer that way.

Wow that looks like it might be really awesome. Can't really tell, as the photos are blurry. Try sitting the camera down, or using a tripod and using the timer feature on your camera. Shots will come out much clearer that way.

I did. The problems with those photos is the night time exposure setting (there's no time or shutter adjustment on the camera) and the fact that the lights are so bright in the offices at RBC so the effect was diminished in the photos.
It's was a near top of the line $1200 5 megapixel camera but it's also 7 years old now so it's not exactly loaded with a lot of flexible, adjustable features.

great catch dt !! thanks for sharing the new RBC colours ~

For anyone within viewing distance, the RBC lantern LED lights are being tested again right now (8:15pm). Based on the time it ended last evening, it will likely go for the next hour or two.

Back