News   Apr 15, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 2.2K     5 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 661     0 

Random Interior Design Questions

I was just talking with a designer about this; I'm also moving into a corner unit. I don't want to hide the view behind heavy drapery, and I won't have to worry about neighbours looking in. I want dark in the bedrooms which face east, and morning comes early in the summer months. She suggested Roman shades or roller blinds with an added drapery that can be pulled aside in the bedrooms. We also have to take into consideration balcony entrances so there is lots to think about.

Sungs, PinkLucy: whenever you are done installing flooring/window coverings, I would appreciate if you could, please, post on this thread your choices and your thoughts-- satisfied with your choices or you would revisit them.

Thanks in advance.

KA, we get our keys mid-May; floor is already chosen -- birch hardwood. I probably won't be making final decisions on window coverings until then, but I'll be happy to post when it's done.

KA, we get our keys mid-May; floor is already chosen -- birch hardwood. I probably won't be making final decisions on window coverings until then, but I'll be happy to post when it's done.

Thanks, PinkLucy. I am not in a hurry.

KA1, I went with a natural maple floor, which looks really similar to the pic a poster put on the first page of this thread. I love it, especially facing south the room just lights up (I love sunlight). That may be more of a factor that I'm facing south, but I'm really happy with it. As for window coverings I went with beigeish blinds with thick slats. I find it functional and neat. Nothing earth shattering or anything...that's what the art's for!

Hmmm a random interior design question...how easy is it to install and remove wall paper these days? I heard they came a long way? Was thinking of doing an accent wall eventually.

KA1, I went with a natural maple floor, which looks really similar to the pic a poster put on the first page of this thread. I love it, especially facing south the room just lights up (I love sunlight). That may be more of a factor that I'm facing south, but I'm really happy with it. As for window coverings I went with beigeish blinds with thick slats. I find it functional and neat. Nothing earth shattering or anything...that's what the art's for!

Thanks very much, Sungs. Choice of floor colour is a very good one, especially considering, as you say, you love sunlight.

I now await Pink Lucy's choice for window coverings.

Once again, thanks, Sungs.

I'm currently working on furnishings; window coverings to come later :)

Thanks for the update, PinkLucy. As I had said in an earlier post, my unit won't be ready for quite a while yet. As such, I am not in a hurry and I will wait for your update on window coverings.

Once again, thanks for the update.

Hmmm a random interior design question...how easy is it to install and remove wall paper these days? I heard they came a long way? Was thinking of doing an accent wall eventually.

Well... I think that there was a way by putting some water on the paper so that the glue can easily losen its strength. Whatever you do, you have to do it precisely, so that you wont hurt the wall. On the other hand, if you are plannig to make it an accent wall... you can reconstruct it. What we've done with our flat was to browse some images... like this gorgeous board for interior desig http://www.pinterest.com/founterior/interior-design-inspiration/, or go to IKEA in North York http://www.ikea.com/ms/en_CA/locator/north_york.html and find some ideas there. Of course, you can find some websites like HOUZZ - they are great source also.

My advice is to use opposite vibrant colors for the accent wall. Or... if you have simple and elegant design in pale colors, you can always decorate a wall with some abstract splashes of colors.. It really depends on the room. Are you able to show it here????

I'm moving into our new condo next month. We chose sunshades for all our windows. Mostly 95% except 97% in the master bathroom and 100% in the east facing master bedroom. We chose off white for the bedrooms and master bath but a darker brown for the den and kitchen. Interestingly the darker shade allows you to see more details when looking out at your view.

Back