1.7K     4 
News   Jul 30, 2024
 663     0 

QEW Toronto - Pre 1974

Jody Thornton

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hi Folks:

I'm a new poster, but a longtime reader of this forum.

Some time back, I remember someone posting an image of the QEW (modern-day Gardiner), just as it's approaching the Humber River. It was from 1972, only a couple years before the rennovation, and the removal of the "Lucky Lion" statue.

Does anyone have that? I am always looking for older highway images.

Cheers,
Jody Thornton
(Hamilton, Ontario)

By the way...

Can we post inquiring about roads and highways, outside of Toronto? What I've been looking for is QEW pics of the Traffic Circle, at Centennial Parkway in Hamilton. I was hoping to find close-ups of the railway overpasses.

In fact I would love to find close-ups of the QEW (circa 1960s and 1970s) for the entire Hamilton-Burlington stretch, if possible. Just thought I'd ask.

Cheers,
Jody Thornton
(Hamilton, Ontario)

Yeah I've Seen Those...

I'm familiar with Cameron Bevers site, but thanks for the thought. That is an excellent site by the way. I'm just looking for other pics to fill in the spaces so to speak.

Cheers,
Jody

Old QEW/Gardiner Expressway pics...

JT: Check out Cameron Bever's links and see if you find what you need...
I recall many were quite good and informative...LI MIKE

Thanks Mike...

As I was just saying in the post above, I have seen Cameron's site (I am quite a regular visitor). The Toronto pic that I seek, shows the QEW approaching the Humber from Etobicoke (as if you're driving downtown). It was from about 1972. As for Traffic Circle pics, I am hoping to find closeups of the circle, and not just aerial views.

Well hopefully someone knows where I may find something.

Cheers,
Jody

Back