News   Jul 25, 2024
 284     0 
News   Jul 24, 2024
 818     1 

PSF Building Costs

torontofcfan

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hi I know there are a diverse group of readers on this thread,:cool: with varying degrees of expertise in the construction field. So I was hoping to gather some free info ;)

I was wondering what the approx per square foot cost of a single story, above ground parking, in the suburbs, 15k-20k sq/ft banquet/convention centre are.

I understanding finish work has a fair deal to play with costs, so I was thinking of a medium-upper to upscale property. Is it better to cost out the shell and build out separately? I've heard $150-200psf, but does anybody have any more concrete info.

Thanks in advance.

Costs can vary widely as you point out. A "shell" structure including unfinished concrete floor might cost $90.00 to $120.00 per square foot. Interior finish would include good quality floor coverings (mainly carpet), walls (may be minimal for this type of use), and good ceiling finishes including upgraded lighting. These could go from about $50 per square foot at the low end, to "sky's the limit". Upgraded washroom facilities would be a "must". For a banquet hall, you would probably not want to cheap out on any of the finishes, as your visual image and quality of finishes would largely determine the quality and quantity of business you would attract.

I have no idea what the kitchen appliances and fixtures would cost. They would include ventilation ductwork and one or more walk-in coolers and freezers. I think some of these are readily available second-hand.

All of this is very rough-and-ready. A contractor, experienced in this kind of work, would be able to quote much more precisely of course.

An additional point: banquet facilities require a considerable amount of paved parking with lighting. Be sure to check the zoning requirements on that point.

Thanks OW, I've been asking around and $200psf seems to be the magic number. Most contractors have said $150, but they are almost always off by around 30%. That would be a construction management price though.

The pavement/curbing costs for approx 1.5 acres would cost around $400k. Landscaping $200k.

Back