News   May 02, 2024
 696     1 
News   May 02, 2024
 212     0 
News   May 02, 2024
 281     0 

Prostitution

So as of tomorrow I can start strutting my stuff on the street for $$$???

(with regards to if it's decriminalized tomorrow) i'm not sure. you might get a fine from bylaw enforcement if you don't have a street vendors permit. if the german guy with the cart at the end of the street has to pay x amount of dollars for a permit to sell his sausage, i'm guessing you would have to too if you want to sell your sausage.

Funny story.

Years ago I knew this guy that lived near Queen and River street. At a BBQ I asked him about the dent in his car that looked like a bowling ball had landed the hood of his car. He explained it by saying that he was bringing his kid to school and there were construction on the road, it was a windy day and the wind blew the temporary stop sign on to his car. I said to him that a sign hitting his car would not make a bowling ball shape on the hood, he said that was what happened.

Fast forward a few years later. I met this guy that told me that he lived near Queen and River Street. He use to have a problem with johns and hookers using his side alley as a place to park and have sex. One day he saw his young kids looking out the window and giggling. When he looked out his window, he saw people having sex in a car. He solved that problem by going to the bowling alley and stealing a bowling ball. Every time a hooker would come with a john to use his alley for a quickly he would throw the bowling ball out the window and it would crash on the hood of the car. The car would drive off and the bowling ball would roll off the car and remain behind for the next person that would come along to use his parking space.

I laughed uncontrollably when he told me that story and he could not understand why. I told him I know one of his victims and he had a bowling ball dent on the hood of his car.

Great story. And considering the character of that neighbourhood not too many years ago, I find it most plausible. I used to have a studio on Mill St. at Cherry and the area just north of the Distillery was infamous for early morning and late-night sessions between hookers and johns. A lot less people actually living down there at the time and much more in the way of abandoned or under-used old industrial buildings and empty parking lots, etc. Reminds me of the train tracks behind Abell St. in the west end, back in the early 90s... used to be lots of "business" being conducted in cars there, too.

Wow, that's a really dumb lie - "stop signed dented my hood so it looks like a ball fell on it". Why he didn't try saying it was a brick or a bucket full of mortar?

Never mind, awesome story! :D

Back