354     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1K     4 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1K     0 

Former President Donald Trump's United States of America

No Donald, they only silence "fake news"

Correction:
They only apply the rules selectively on order to be seen as responsible as they are scared shitless of oversight post Trump.

If Twitter actually banned fake news there would be millions of deleted tweets every day. Because you can go on twitter right now and see countless tweets pushing fake news from the left and right about the police murder of george.

Nevertheless I think Twitter is a horrible platform for politicians and is largely responsible for the degradation of Politics. As We frankly communicate complex ideas and policies in one liners and nonsense.

Trump campaign attempts to remove satirical cartoon from online retailer

Cartoonist Nick Anderson calls president ‘adolescent’ after work parodying bleach-injection claim sparked a legal manoeuvre

Thu 28 May 2020

The Pulitzer-winning cartoonist Nick Anderson has described Donald Trump as an “adolescent wannabe authoritarian”, after the US president’s re-election campaign failed to pull one of Anderson’s cartoons mocking Trump’s inaccurate suggestion that injecting disinfectant could protect against Covid-19.

Anderson put his cartoon The Trump Cult up for sale on the online retailer Redbubble this month. The illustration shows Trump with supporters in Maga hats, serving them a drink that has been labeled “Kool-Aid”, then “Chloroquine” and finally “Clorox”, a US bleach brand. The cartoon is a reference to the 1978 Jonestown massacre, where more than 900 people died after drinking cyanide-laced punch at the order of cult leader Jim Jones, and to Trump’s widely denounced idea of injecting bleach to protect against coronavirus. Trump has also been taking the anti-malaria drug hydroxychloroquine as a protection against Covid-19, despite a study showing it has been linked to increased deaths in patients.

But Redbubble pulled Anderson’s illustration from sale following a trademark infringement claim made by Trump’s campaign organisation, Donald J Trump for President Inc. Writing on the Daily Kos, Anderson said that he believed the claim was made due to his depiction of Maga hats, and described the situation as “absurd”.

1440.jpg

George Floyd: Minnesota sees second night of clashes over death in custody

Typical America

When the moment comes where frankly social Consciousness can be drastically altered.

Some People use the chance to riot and loot.
Rather than be condemned people are excused by left wing activists as it's seen as a form of legitimate protest.

However the general public are like "okay you're angry at the police but why you burning down your neighbours business?"

As a result of the focus will go away from the police killing to the breakdown in Law and Order and as a result nothing changes.

It's just sad...

Trump threatens to unleash gunfire on Minnesota protesters

The tweet earned a warning label from Twitter for violating its policies on “glorifying violence.”

05/29/2020 07:20 AM EDT

President Donald Trump late Thursday appeared to urge the shooting of looters in Minnesota, bursting into a volatile national debate over the death of an African-American man in police custody and issuing an online provocation against U.S. citizens so extraordinary it was partially obscured by Twitter.

Typical America

When the moment comes where frankly social Consciousness can be drastically altered.

Some People use the chance to riot and loot.
Rather than be condemned people are excused by left wing activists as it's seen as a form of legitimate protest.

However the general public are like "okay you're angry at the police but why you burning down your neighbours business?"

As a result of the focus will go away from the police killing to the breakdown in Law and Order and as a result nothing changes.

It's just sad...

1) While no doubt some people have participated in looting/riotous behavior; its worth noting an allegation (as yet unproven) has been made that a police officer (not in uniform); was the first to break store windows.

This is believable (whether or not its true in this case), because this has happened both in the U.S. and in Canada in the past where police have been 'provocateurs' trying to incite a group to engage in criminal behavior.

Story here: https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2020...-of-its-officers-incited-mpls-riots-is-false/

2) This all would have been diffused to a great degree, had the officer involved in the death simply been criminally charged. Its been several days, and no charges have been laid.

That looks terrible.

There's bloody video of the whole thing.!

The officer in question has had a dozen complaints laid against him over his career, a rather spotty record.

Even if you chose to believe that his action was somehow defensible; or that perhaps a charge should be manslaughter as opposed to murder.........you let the courts handle that.

The officer is entitled to a trial.

But to not lay charges, immediately, is baffling and arguably incited, or at the least, exacerbated the problem.

3) What makes you think this is the tide-turner? Black people, particularly in the U.S. for purposes of this discussion, have seen documented police excessive force resulting in death before.

As an example, of such a case, one with good evidence on video, see the Eric Garner killing in NYC which looked extremely similar in many ways.

That was a few years ago now; the officer involved in that death; was never charged.

Can you even begin to imagine what that must be like?

Does frustrating do any justice at all to describe how a community that has been repeatedly abused in so many ways must feel at yet another senseless death, and once more the appearance that there will be no justice?

That doesn't make rioting legal or a wise idea; nor does it make it sensible to do so in your own neighbourhood. Without excusing violence in anyway, it might have made more sense to protest in the community where the officer lives (not Minneapolis btw); and perhaps the community where the Prosecutor lives.

Though, I strongly suspect that if that attempt were made; that the level of repressive force employed to stop it would have been more shocking that what we've seen thus far.

I will point out here, that Canada is not at all immune from these issues here.

They are, fortunately, lesser here for the most part.

But we dare not hold ourselves out as epitomes of virtue.

The U.S., unfortunately, has a level of segregation, and a level of classism and inequality that is utterly staggering.

It also has a polarized political culture; and a relatively violent one, both in the streets and involving police, the two forever being fed by one another.

I don't know if 'America' is capable of addressing this issue; one would certainly like to think so; but so much disappointment, so often, for so long, leaves one's hopes a tad frayed.

Last edited:
Every time riots break out in these situations, activists say it was the police or third party who started it.

Well, the reality is the 150 other businesses did not go up in spontaneous combustion tough so that argument holds zero credibility to me.

I do think sometimes the police allow 'protestors run amok' to make them 'look bad'.

What I mean its the same cycle in the USA

- incident
-outrage
- inaction
- riot
- backlash to protest
- nothing changes

In this case, i feel the focus has gone from a very shocking killing to the riots and as a result, nothing will change...

America has become a cesspool of violence and corruption. The .1% have taken control of all the political/social machinery and left everyone else to fend for themselves. And this is the result.

At least once a day I acknowledge how lucky I am to be a Canadian.

Yeah I was not born back in the 90s but seeing that video of the Korean shopkeepers shooting at people randomly during the LA riots is something as a Canadian I cant wrap my head around.

Some People use the chance to riot and loot. Rather than be condemned people are excused by left wing activists as it's seen as a form of legitimate protest. However the general public are like "okay you're angry at the police but why you burning down your neighbours business?"
It is a bizarre turn of thinking, you’re mad so you burn down and loot your neighbours and their businesses?
“In a strip mall across the street from the 3rd Precinct station, the windows in nearly every business had been smashed, from the large Target department store at one end to the Planet Fitness gym at the other. A Wendy’s restaurant across the street was charred almost beyond recognition. Among the casualties of the overnight fires: a six-story building under construction that was to provide nearly 200 apartments of affordable housing.“

If TPS wrongfully killed a Cabbagetown neighbour I can’t imagine running onto Parliament St. and burning down the local shops and breaking into the Epicure shop to steal their baguettes and artisan cheeses.

Does being racially oppressed excuse breaking into a Minnesota Target?

28949724-8367451-image-a-28_1590704335391.jpg

Last edited:
Every time riots break out in these situations, activists say it was the police or third party who started it.

I do think sometimes the police allow 'protestors run amok' to make them 'look bad'.
It's like the LA Riots when the LAPD refused to go into the riot zone. First of all, you're going to get yourself killed, and second of all LAPD do not reside in those places, they're burning their own neighbourhood.

Back