News   Jun 25, 2024
 58     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 415     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 406     0 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

There has been progress. No question, but many, many more are needed.

They've been added at Southlake (Newmarket) and will be coming to Lakeridge Health (Durham) shortly.

But lots of large hospitals/areas lack a PET Scanner.

In Toronto:

Michael Garron
Scarborough - Centenary, Birchmount and General
North York - General
Humber River Regional
Etobicoke General

Among others.

There are no PET Scanners in:

Niagara Region
Kitchener-Waterloo
Brampton
Vaughan
Markham

And once Lakeridge goes in; the gap there will be from Lakeridge to Kingston.

The north also has only T-Bay and Sudbury.
Our company installs only siemens diagnostic equipment, we were given the PET-CT installation for Durham but no ETA on installation.

And funny enough, Brampton Civic does have a PET-CT room but it doesnt have a machine and its full of junk.

Lecce to energy is interesting. Going to be some major proposal crafted to come out there I imagine to put one of his most trusted there.

Graydon Smith goes from Minister of Natural Resources and Forestry to Minister of Natural Resources.

I see the Wheel of Fortune ministry naming is alive and well. Maybe somebody finally realized that forestry is a natural resource.

But will this signal giving the Ministry back budget, and expertise, along with capability? (yeah, I'm not thinking so either)

* For those not in on the minutiae the now and once again MNR is a shadow of its former self.

Its greenhouse operation for studying and producing plants is long gone, its enforcement and research ranks thinned.....

It is not what it was.........

Happens just as I'm out buying groceries, and before I come home to make dinner......... a coincidence, I think not!

😜
We have warned you, many times, about the dangers of taking your eye off the ball and your shoulder off the wheel. Hope the dinner was worth the (reputational) cost!

But will this signal giving the Ministry back budget, and expertise, along with capability? (yeah, I'm not thinking so either)

* For those not in on the minutiae the now and once again MNR is a shadow of its former self.

Its greenhouse operation for studying and producing plants is long gone, its enforcement and research ranks thinned.....

It is not what it was.........
I wouldn't hold my breath either. I see on the list that another member is an Associate Minister responsible for Forestry within the MNR.

Whatever the name that is on the door, it is a shell of what it used to be.

Lecce to energy is interesting. Going to be some major proposal crafted to come out there I imagine to put one of his most trusted there.
Most newspapers headlines seem to focus on Lecce's departure from the Ministry of Education, but the Sun implies some other strategic moves. I would imagine that part of this may entail a more aggressive expansion of Ontario's nuclear fleet?
“We need someone a little more aggressive in this role,” a top Ford adviser said of Lecce moving to energy.

Meanwhile, Smith being moved to education is seen as an attempt to calm the waters at education. The contracts with the education unions are pretty much wrapped up and Smith is seen assomeone who can go in and make people forget there were ever any problems in the file.

Lecce, though, is seen as an aggressive communicator who will be able to go toe to toe with the Trudeau government in Ottawa on the carbon tax and the need to build more electrical generation on the province. Lecce’s new official title is Minister of Energy and Electrification, meaning he has responsibility for building out the grid for the move to electric vehicles, which will involve moves that will annoy the Trudeau Liberals.

It’s doubtful that Ford and Lecce will go to war with the Trudeau Liberals but there will be a more aggressive stance on this file and obvious friction. Don’t expect Lecce to call for EVs to be poweredby a cluster of new windmills across the province

Most newspapers headlines seem to focus on Lecce's departure from the Ministry of Education, but the Sun implies some other strategic moves. I would imagine that part of this may entail a more aggressive expansion of Ontario's nuclear fleet?
This could be it, perhaps specifically to finally settle on a spent uranium fuel storage sight which is a thing that has been sitting out there for decades.
IIRC a decision on this has to be made soon, as aren't they almost nearing literally 100% capacity for temporary fuel storage at the plant grounds?

I suspect he's the salesman for this:

Last edited:
The cost of Ontario Premier Doug Ford’s inner circle has shot up dramatically after the latest reshuffle, as the number of cabinet ministers — and their cost to the taxpayer — grows compared to when the Progressive Conservatives first took office in 2018.

70c8fc80
Overall, Ford’s most recent cabinet has increased by 72 per cent compared to his first. Including base salaries, the current cost of Premier Ford’s cabinet now amounts to $5.7 million compared to $3.3 million when his party first rose to power in 2018. Adding parliamentary assistants to that total comes to $6.9 million 2018 and $10 million in 2024 — a cost increase of 45 per cent.

During 2019, the premier’s first full year in office, 20 staff in his office were included on the sunshine list — a public database that includes every taxpayer-funded employee earning more than $100,000 per year. In total, those earning more than $100,000 were paid $2.9 million that year.

By 2023, the number of premier’s office employees on the sunshine list more than doubled to 48, with a combined compensation of $6.9 million. The figure eclipses both what Ford spent on his office when he was first elected and the cost of former Liberal Premier Kathleen Wynne.

Ontario’s $9.8-billion deficit in 2023 is larger than Wynne’s $7.8 billion in her final budget in 2018, while Ford has added $86.7 billion to the provincial debt in five years, compared with the $61.4 billion the Liberals added to the debt over a similar five-year timespan.

https://globalnews.ca/news/10557934...EqEAgAKgcICjCs0oULMM3-ggM&utm_content=rundown

That we don't have a run-off or some kind of alternative voting system here is so stupid.
She wins with less than one-third support.
NOTE: I don't care specifically about her winning or Mississauga as I don't live there and I have no skin in that game; it's about how any election won with such a narrow group of support I can't find acceptable, especially given how we are now in 2024 able to very simply and easily have a run-off or other system to verify it.
1718072697498.png

That we don't have a run-off or some kind of alternative voting system here is so stupid.
She wins with less than one-third support.
NOTE: I don't care specifically about her winning or Mississauga as I don't live there and I have no skin in that game; it's about how any election won with such a narrow group of support I can't find acceptable, especially given how we are now in 2024 able to very simply and easily have a run-off or other system to verify it.
View attachment 571365

I think Alvin was the better candidate...........but I'm not at all sure a run-offwould have favoured him.

That said, I completely agree, irrespective of the outcome, even if the winner were unchanged.............a runoff system is the better choice.

Back