News   May 03, 2024
 1K     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 610     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 295     0 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

As far as devices go, maybe kids in somewhat well off homes have good devices but there are so many families living in apartments, struggling with bills, with parents that are responsible for not only themselves and their kids but in many cases a parent or two. I don't know if they will have school start up again in June and my feeling was just write it off, but a friend of mine works in schools and said they want to open them up even if just for a couple of weeks so they can finish on a high note and be able to say goodbye to teachers etc. Hopefully with so many kids and teachers now getting vaccinated it can be done safely, and at least they can open windows or hold classes outside.

Our two oldest kids have their own laptops, but she uses the family computer. My work just bought me a new laptop since I am not going back to the office. Space is a bit of an issue, but the biggest problem is having everyone home all the time...

Your employer had better supply the employee with a computer. The "employee" cannot deduct the computer or laptop as an "employment expense".

See link.

"Ink cartridges", "highlighters", "envelopes", "folders", "notebooks", "paper clips", "printer paper", and "sticky notes" are deductible.

Mainstreet did the polling?
I was going to snarkily say that, too. But obviously; oxygen-deprived split opposition--when you have a Lib party w/o Official Party Status and w/a currently-officeless relative blank slate of a leader, + an NDP which people/media still can't seriously grasp as contending for power & which the current government leadership treats as a squeak-mouse to be stomped on...

Still, when even *Mainstreet* only gives the PCs a third of the vote and no clear path to a majority other than fortunate vote-split ducks in place...

I can see them backtracking on this rather quickly.

Based on this time line we won't see much of a change until August. The 21 day intervals are complete and utter bull****.

Hair salons and other businesses have been closed since November in Toronto. They won't survive until August.

Also.. 4 people per table outdoors will help but not by much for restaurants.

I'm sorry but this reopening plan is not thought out. I'm all for health restrictions but our numbers are going down. Speed up reopening or gtfo.

So am watching CP24 and Doug really has lost the room. Everyone is going to their cottage or some other place now. Can't say I blame them...

Star article on the rejection of University status for Charles McVety's 'school'.

Over the paywall:

Star article on the rejection of University status for Charles McVety's 'school'.

Over the paywall:

A good university does not judge students by their background or how they are born. A good university values critical thinking, not dogma.

Canada Christian College does not qualify.

Back