News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 713     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.1K     3 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

Doug got a huge boo from the crowd. Tory and Trudeau got a positive reaction.
Yes, the boos were quite distinct and long the cheers for Trudeau were strong and prolonged. One hopes Mr Scheer is getting worried about the company he keeps. Douggie is too thick to assume that HIS people might be the booers - not doubt all were liberal/commie plants.

I'm pretty sure a decent portion of the people there/in the parade DID vote for Ford(s). We're always pretending politicians are somebody else's fault and that's a huge problem.

I'm pretty sure a decent portion of the people there/in the parade DID vote for Ford(s). We're always pretending politicians are somebody else's fault and that's a huge problem.
Yes, a lot of people in Ontario DID vote for Ford (or, at least, voted against Wynne) but that was a year ago and there seems to be lots of 'buyers remorse'.

They are somebody else's fault, given our electoral system and voter turnout.

Quick maths.

Not realising that is a huge problem that perpetuates the aforementioned problem.

Just saying. :)

So he marched in the parade or at least part of it and Masai blew him off. Then he was booed twice. The biggest insult is that the mayor and prime minister both spoke but the premier didn't. That is the ultimate slap in the face to him. Either his advisors told him it was a very bad idea or the Raps did. It wouldn't have come from Tory or Trudeau and knowing DoFo, he would have relished the chance to get up in front of so many people because he's so delusional about the way people feel about him.

This reminds me of the time in 2014 when there were rumours he'd run for premier, and then one day he announced he wasn't going to run because he wanted to focus on Rob's re-election campaign. The grapevine said he was asked to step away.

It's funny to note the obvious, grasping rationalizations that spew from Thug's lips now that reality is catching up to him. So the people that booed him "have their hands in the public trough," do they? All of them? Every single one? Such an asshole. Sure they do, Thug, suuu-uuuu-uuure they do.

As Enzo DiMatteo's pointed out a couple of times just recently, Ford's greatest wish is to be popular and accepted, so this has really got to be burning him up. As does, one assumes, the thought that his cretin brother was far closer to that kind of acceptance - however undeservedly - entirely due to his hapless, Chris Farley-esque personality. Heh, heh.

But what interests me is why the supposedly more respectable elements within the party were willing to go along with such a creature as 'leader,' to the point where they presumably helped him (1.) screw over the previous leader in a very public way, and (2.) helped Ford steal the leadership from the actual winner in the subsequent party leadership election. Yes, both of these are assumptions on my part, but come on. Dofo's a small-time bullshit artist at best, and is none-too-bright into the bargain. He never could have gotten as far as he has without the party insiders either helping him or doing all the behind-the-scenes scheming on his behalf, with him just being the lucky recipient, and I strongly suspect it's more a case of the latter than the former.

But why? What's the appeal? Well, it's not like they'd disagree with any of his decisions as Premiere. (And it's certainly questionable as to how many of them are 'his' decisions per se, as opposed to marching orders he's being given. But never mind that.) They kept things deliberately vague during the election as to what they'd do once in power, and no wonder. They knew perfectly well how unpopular the shit he's fronting would be with the general public, even the people who voted for him, and he has no natural charm or charisma to fall back on; the guy's a small-minded, mean-spirited bully, and a rube and a hick. He's about as cuddly as a rattlesnake, and is mean as hell to boot. And he doesn't respond well to criticism or pushback at all, as we're currently seeing all too well. Everything's that's happening right now was as predictable as could be. I'm really beginning to think he was elevated to his current position because he's such excellent scapegoat material. If things continue in this vein - and I don't doubt they will - when the next election rolls around, the Cons can do what the Liberals did when they replaced McGuinty with Wynne, except I can't see Ford being anywhere near as co-operative as McGuinty was during the process. For that matter, I doubt he'll see it coming at all.

Doug sure does get a kick out of putting the boots to Ontario's autistic kids...

More than 100 people are being laid off at a treatment centre for children with disabilities — a move the centre says is a direct result of Ontario's changes to autism funding.

ErinoakKids Centre for Treatment says in order to continue providing services to children with autism it is eliminating 291 full-time positions, which include front-line staff and management, and is bringing 178 people back on nine-month contracts, timed to when the centre's funding will cease.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/autism-centre-job-loss-1.5179819

See: https://www.thestar.com/politics/pr...a-sign-of-things-to-come-for-the-premier.html

Is Ford being booed a sign of things to come for the premier?

By Robert BenzieQueen's Park Bureau Chief

Doug Ford's reply will start with... "Folks,..."
doug_ford2-e1531845865100.jpg

From link. With the same hand gestures.

Back