News   Jul 17, 2024
 404     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 896     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 1.1K     2 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

I am actually a bit surprised she hasn't been booted from caucus yet. Logically he is FORCED to kick her because not doing it will leaves room for anyone to speak openly about any issue. My conspiracy bells are ringing that it all may be a show. Unless it is controlled opposition. He has the ability to reverse course and "listen to the people" (I will lose more respect if he does this), or the alternative theory is now he is able to show that he is not muzzling his MPP's after the Toronto Star wrote that article saying there was dissatisfaction.

I don’t see why having the same party affiliation implies some need to publicly agree on everything. She’s not a cabinet minister.

Compared to the US or UK, party members here are very loyal when it comes to votes and backing their leader. The most rebellious person would still vote the party line 98% of the time.

C'est bien!
“Effective immediately, I am no longer a member of the Progressive Conservative caucus,” Simard wrote in a letter to Speaker Ted Arnott.

“I will continue to take my place in the Legislative Assembly of Ontario as an Independent,” she added. “Please advise me if need to take any other steps as a result of this change. Thank you in advance for your continued support.”

What do you call an OntCon with scruples, fortitude and character? Gone!

This is excellent...

Wait for Fedeli to claim she was sexually harassing him.

Good on her. And she's smart not to join the Libs, so she keeps her integrity intact.

If I was Mulroney I'd also quit, and offer to sit alongside Simard as an independent. Then wait three years to challenge DoFo's leadership. She must break away from his taint.
This is the correct move.

She needs to do something and something quick to distance herself from the reputation she is quickly building as Druggie's whipped Cronie in Chief.

Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 12.05.07 PM.png

The full Ford Enviro Proposal (not plan) is over on the Environmental Registry.

https://prod-environmental-registry.s3.amazonaws.com/2018-11/EnvironmentPlan.pdf

Opportunity to submit a comment is here:

https://ero.ontario.ca/user/login?action=comment&destination=/comment/reply/node/508/comment

For now I'll ignore the climate piece, as I expect many to have something to say about that in the coming days.

For the rest, allowing for the fact its still vague commentary at this point, there are actually some interesting notions lurking.

A clear proposal to raise the number of Provincial Park visitors by 10% per year.

A suggestion this will come, in part, by way of adding more camp sites.

IF this is done merely by cramming in more sites at popular campgrounds it could be a disaster (many could use fewer sites, not more).

But if this comes by way of adding to the Provincial Park system, and shifting some non-operating Parks into the operating Parks system, this could be beneficial for the environment and for tourism.

There's good language around tackling invasive species, providing more resources to Ontario Parks, and ensuring any monies from hunting/fishing licenses make their way back to parks/conservation programs.

Most of it is still quite vague, but I think there's the tiniest bit of hope here for something good. I will file my comments w/the Ministry shortly and would encourage others to do the same (after reading the document, of course)

Back