News   Apr 19, 2024
 32     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 722     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 6.8K     2 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

Kathleen actually starting to only actually govern in the last 2 years of her term is why Ford lost.

Before then she did not do anything but make bad decisions that cost people a lot of money and people never forgave her for that.
Last election was against Wynne, not for Ford.
Next election will be about him. Good luck on that...unless he's deposed by his own party, who've already besmirched any modicum of respect they might ever have had in their blind and spineless support of the thug.

Last election was against Wynne, not for Ford.
Next election will be about him. Good luck on that...unless he's deposed by his own party, who've already besmirched any modicum of respect they might ever have had in their blind and spineless support of the thug.

Ford is not going down easy as he still has the Suburbs Locked up and until the NDP or liberals can be strong there, he has a big advantage..

A strong NDP showing pretty much causes vote splitting allowing the Tory to sweep those ridings.

The issue for the Provincial Liberals is there is no Justin Trudeau sitting around to really rally support either.

So I would be cautious thinking Ford Will crash and burn in the next election automatically.

He should and could but its not a given either because he will always keep a third or more of the vote, The issue is can another party get the 38-40% of the vote or just split.

^ You miss the point. He wasn't elected in. He didn't even win the most votes in his own party's leadership. Next election is his to lose. And he's guaranteed to lose it, even by those who believe in his platform, whatever it is.

He's a hitman, not a leader, and hitmen are always the first to get lynched by their own mob.

^ You miss the point. He wasn't elected in. He didn't even win the most votes in his own party's leadership. Next election is his to lose. And he's guaranteed to lose it, even by those who believe in his platform, whatever it is.

He's a hitman, not a leader, and hitmen are always the first to get lynched by their own mob.

I agree that his leadership win was less than...........convincing.

I'll happily second the notion that the next ballot question will be Ford not Wynne.

But that guarantee I'm not so comfortable with.

Don't get me wrong.........I'm 100% supportive; I also think its more likely than not.

Yet, underestimating the Fords and their appeal to a certain segment of the population has become routine.

I've been guilty of it myself.........

But 'no one will re-elect this clown' has a dishearteningly similar ring to 'no one will elect this clown'.

I think all of us who are progressive in any sense, and who consider our opinions of politics well considered do ourselves and the public a discredit if we dismiss Mr. Ford as a spent force prematurely.

The onus is on the Liberals to front a credible leader, and the NDP a brilliant platform and campaign, in 2022.

By all means this province can and should do better than Mr. Ford but the past is recent proof; because it can and should does not mean it will.

I do not sense that Tory voters are mass defecting to the NDP or Liberals anytime soon lol

TBH I would say they largely approve of many of Fords moves.

You are saying Ford should lose, I am simply saying it won't be easy as you think it will be.

Do not forget Doug Ford still came in a very strong 2nd place against a moderate likeable candidate like John Tory after the whole city hall Ford Saga.

I would say that Doug Ford imo has a lock on 30% of the vote no matter what.

He is a joke of a leader but in term of his ability to appeal to voters, he does a pretty good job.

Last edited:
^ I think you both underestimate who actually voted for Ford. They didn't vote for him by and large. They voted against Wynne. And if they did vote for something they liked with the Cons, it was because of the message, not the person.

The proof is in that P Brown was comfortably going to win, long before Ford was a puppet. Elliot could have won, probably with a larger tally than Ford.

Ford won it by default, and no-one knows that better than the OntCons, who installed Ford for a reason. They needed a get-away driver, one to take all the blame, and then turn him into the 'authorities' later when the heat gets to be too much.

Ford is born to fug up. And he won't disappoint on that...

Kathleen actually starting to only actually govern in the last 2 years of her term is why Ford lost.

Before then she did not do anything but make bad decisions that cost people a lot of money and people never forgave her for that.
First time I've agreed with anything you've said!

So..........the Ford folks have their announcement about supervised injection sites out this morning.

I have to say, I'm pleasantly surprised.

They are here to stay, albeit under a new name, more will be approved, and the only serious changes are more supports for and links to addiction treatment/detox services, and more measurement to ensure evidence-based outcomes.

Dare I say, Doug's fingerprints are not on this one.

https://news.ontario.ca/mohltc/en/2...dictions-to-treatment-and-rehabilitation.html

^ I think you both underestimate who actually voted for Ford. They didn't vote for him by and large. They voted against Wynne. And if they did vote for something they liked with the Cons, it was because of the message, not the person.

The proof is in that P Brown was comfortably going to win, long before Ford was a puppet. Elliot could have won, probably with a larger tally than Ford.

Ford won it by default, and no-one knows that better than the OntCons, who installed Ford for a reason. They needed a get-away driver, one to take all the blame, and then turn him into the 'authorities' later when the heat gets to be too much.

Ford is born to fug up. And he won't disappoint on that...

That gets to the heart of the matter.

If the other parties can't regroup by then and the Conservatives can deliver a strong economy and a reduced/eliminated deficit then there will be plenty of people willing to vote for Ford.

By all means this province can and should do better than Mr. Ford but the past is recent proof; because it can and should does not mean it will.

Hey man, the people fully deserve the government that the electoral system they chose and continue to support provides them with.

So, apparently, no, this province can't do better than Ford.

Hey, I was born here and grew up here and still live here. I'm ashamed too.

So..........the Ford folks have their announcement about supervised injection sites out this morning.

I have to say, I'm pleasantly surprised.

They are here to stay, albeit under a new name, more will be approved, and the only serious changes are more supports for and links to addiction treatment/detox services, and more measurement to ensure evidence-based outcomes.

Dare I say, Doug's fingerprints are not on this one.

https://news.ontario.ca/mohltc/en/2...dictions-to-treatment-and-rehabilitation.html

*nod of approval*

Evidence-based outcomes in drugs policy?

Oh, great! That means they'll push for more reasearch into the therapeutic uses of psychedelics and petition the federal government to immediately decriminalise all drugs and to open rational discussion on their future legalisation to bring relatively safe psychotropics in line with relatively dangerous ones that are currently legal. Right? Right?

Oh.......I thought you guys said "evidence-based outcomes".

Anyway, just like the marijuana law re-write (the previous government's marijuana policy was authoritarian AF), I'm pleasantly surprised.

I'd be even more pleasantly surprised if they took the idea of "evidence-based outcomes in drugs policy" to its logical conclusion.

If the other parties can't regroup by then and the Conservatives can deliver a strong economy and a reduced/eliminated deficit then there will be plenty of people willing to vote for Ford.
I give the scheming HQ Cons a bit more credit than Ford will ever be due.

He's their 'Useful Idiot', the flag they fly when people are getting kicked in the groin, the undertaker, the get-away car driver hit-man. And then when the dirty work is done, they dump him, and then run someone far more electable like, hmmmm...let's see now...oh yeah, Elliot, the one they made the deal with...so she can get elected for being "the good cop" as opposed to the "cop out" who "we all knew was a fuck-up after all"...

Except that's all predicated on Joe and Josephine Jerkoff conveniently forgetting who installed the moron in the first place. And given a remade Liberal or NDP or even a 'Centrist Party of Ontario' (that melds the two and more) not happening...an unlikely scenario, as time after time in this province, and Canada, absolutely routed parties have risen again out of the ashes.

John Tory might also turn out to be a "Useful Idiot" to die on the mantle of the Battle of the Ford...since there's no way Tory can achieve what he claims to be able to. And neither can Ford.

Four years to clear the air. Might not be that bad of a deal in the end, we'll see.

I give the scheming HQ Cons a bit more credit than Ford will ever be due.

He's their 'Useful Idiot', the flag they fly when people are getting kicked in the groin, the undertaker, the get-away car driver hit-man. And then when the dirty work is done, they dump him, and then run someone far more electable like, hmmmm...let's see now...oh yeah, Elliot, the one they made the deal with...so she can get elected for being "the good cop" as opposed to the "cop out" who "we all knew was a fuck-up after all"...

Except that's all predicated on Joe and Josephine Jerkoff conveniently forgetting who installed the moron in the first place. And given a remade Liberal or NDP or even a 'Centrist Party of Ontario' (that melds the two and more) not happening...an unlikely scenario, as time after time in this province, and Canada, absolutely routed parties have risen again out of the ashes.

John Tory might also turn out to be a "Useful Idiot" to die on the mantle of the Battle of the Ford...since there's no way Tory can achieve what he claims to be able to. And neither can Ford.

Four years to clear the air. Might not be that bad of a deal in the end, we'll see.

Thing is Horwarth approval rating has tanked since the election because she has gone aggressively to the left.

That is why I think as long she is the main source of opposition to the Tories, she will just cause vote splits in the Suburbs and allow Ford to win.

Thing is Horwarth approval rating has tanked since the election because she has gone aggressively to the left.

That is why I think as long she is the main source of opposition to the Tories, she will just cause vote splits in the Suburbs and allow Ford to win.
That is exactly why I wrote:
Let me rephrase that, as the negatives may have convoluted the message:

No Horwath, no Fraser replacement, but a melding in the middle of centrists to form a Centrist Party of Ontario. It was the pig-headedness of Horwath and Wynne which doomed this province to getting jerked by jerks.

And the same people have the temerity to despise Bob Rae. Ontario is paying for its own shortcomings. Time for a Centrist Party yet again, with a nod to the Blue Machine of the past.

Back