342     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 482     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 2K     1 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

working *people's party

Can't be too cisgender there.

I know I like to take it easy at work because, well, life is about a lot more than dying for someone else's enjoyment, but I can't be that lax that I'm not working person enough to qualify as having them be my party.....ever.

What, exactly, is a working person's party, really? A hammer in every pot? Make mine a sheet metal hammer from Stubai and we might have a deal. I'll still need chicken though.

Question:

What is the source of the quote where the dude says Horwath wasn't there last night? I need to see him say this to believe it. It's like a Mammo tweet: sort of can't possibly be real.

First, who says that Horwath will still be leader in 2022 (not that she *shouldn't* be, but...)

Second, if we may learn from Justin in '15, don't underestimate the Liberals' comeback potential--even when presently w/o official party status

Third, who says Ford will still be premier by 2022, even--I can picture him jumping or being pushed by then...

The Ontario Liberals mostly got pushed aside due to bad governance and unlikeable leaders in charge, The Federal Liberals went into the wilderness for a bit due to bad leaders in elections, that is a key difference.

The issue is that the new leader of the Ontario Liberal cant really brings up the legacy of the great leaders like Dalton and Wynne who left power being very unpopular and I doubt they will be well admired. Like Dalton left office a while ago and no one gives a crap about him lol.

Trudeau while bringing in young voters, his last name really brought up his connections to rather well-liked past federal Liberal Leaders like Trudeau Sr and Chretien and that played really well (old Loyalties).

Also, Trudeau brought in a lot of Star Power to the liberals and I have a strong feeling the federal Liberals will find themselves out of office when he is gone in the future.

SO I have quite a lot of doubt that the Ontario Liberals can pull off a Trudeau.

Last edited:
That was due to Justin Trudeau last name though. I am quite certain the Liberals would be nowhere as popular today without Trudeau bringing in that star power to them.

It would be wise not to underestimate him. Just as people frequently underestimate the appeal of guys like Ford, those on the other side to the same when it comes to Trudeau.

The last named helped, but he ran a good campaign and seemed to understand the mood of the country better than any of the other candidates.

It would be wise not to underestimate him. Just as people frequently underestimate the appeal of guys like Ford, those on the other side to the same when it comes to Trudeau.

The last named helped, but he ran a good campaign and seemed to understand the mood of the country better than any of the other candidates.
He did in 2016.

I'd say in 2018, he has lost his charm, as we got to know him better.

Even if one didnt particularly love Trudeau, would one really want Ford for Premier, Tory as Mayor and a PC at Sussex drive... That sounds like one hell of a gamble.

His Last Name is the main reason why he is Prime Minister.

The very moment he ran for PM, every single Canadian knew who he was, what he stood for and what a kind of person he is. Any other party leader struggles to get a fraction of name recognization that Trudeau Started with.

Its the only reason why mom and dad and all my older relatives voted for out of blind loyalty to Trudeau Sr lol.

His Last Name is the main reason why he is Prime Minister.

Its the only reason why mom and dad and all my older relatives voted for out of blind loyalty to Trudeau Sr lol.
The only reason Ford is Premier is because of his brothers name, and his brother was only mayor because of his fathers last name.. At least Trudeau sounds like he went to high school, passed university, and has read a book in his life. That may seem like low standards yet vastly more than Doug can handle.

The only reason Ford is Premier is because of his brothers name.. At least Trudeau sounds like he went to high school, passed university, and has read a book in his life. That may seem like low standards yet vastly more than Doug can handle.

Of course and that is why Ford kept bringing up his Brother and still does.

Justin Trudeau would have laughed away if he ran for the Liberals as Trudeau Smith for being shallow and lacking much substance and a try had and would be as successful as Jagmeneet Singh in becoming PM.

His Last name is why he was taken seriously by anyone.

Why he could say stupid silly things and not be totally defined by it.

He did in 2016.

I'd say in 2018, he has lost his charm, as we got to know him better.

Of course. The same is true of virtually every politician.

However, I'd say that his negatives don't come with the same kind of baggage you'd get from someone like Ford. His mistakes are a lot easier to overlook.

He'll likely get a 2nd term.

Back