News   Apr 23, 2024
 340     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 946     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 506     0 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

Flagg et always were Rob supporters. Dough doesn’t seem to engender the same blind loyalty.

Re Flagg et al, just proves what I've always said, that they're fringers who were piggybacking all along--as is so often the case. Probably likelier to glom onto Arthur Smitherman's current political outlet...

And yet unless the polls are wrong or things change, he’s going to win with a strong mandate. I hope that now that the official campaign period has begun, people will start to pay attention and that his own comments will turn that trend around ... and that Horwath builds on the bit of momentum she seems to have now.
It's his election to lose and he is doing a great job of it, lately, he seems like he is trying to grab defeat out of the jaws of success.

I wish we had ranked ballots (first choice, second, third). If Doofuss gets elected with 34% of the vote maybe the other 64% will push hard for electoral reform.

I think the more he talks, the better it is for the other parties. He made a comment today that he doesn't need to speak French because he seems to think Quebec is the only French speaking province in Canada. There are a lot of Northern Ontario French communities. And today he was going after the NDP instead of the Liberals. Seems he's worried.

My extended family are Ontario based French Canadians. There are numerous small towns that are predominantly French. Sudbury and Windsor both have large French speaking populations. And let’s not forget Ottawa, although maybe since it’s the national capital it’s not part of Ontario. He should do his homework.

I wish we had ranked ballots (first choice, second, third). If Doofuss gets elected with 34% of the vote maybe the other 64% will push hard for electoral reform.

hahahaaaa.a......yeaaah, in this country?

We can keep dreaming of an electoral system that makes sense but until we have politicians who aren't more concerned with attaining and retaining power than they are with fair electoral processes.........it'll always just be a dream.

If it takes Ford as premier to finally wake people up, then I guess I'll take it. Though that would be a sad commentary on the electorate.

I guess people are like that though, eh? Everything's fine the way it is until it completely fucks up. No time for thinking about it until it become too uncomfortable.

My extended family are Ontario based French Canadians. There are numerous small towns that are predominantly French. Sudbury and Windsor both have large French speaking populations. And let’s not forget Ottawa, although maybe since it’s the national capital it’s not part of Ontario. He should do his homework.

And around Penetanguishene. And never mind just Sudbury......everything east of Sudbury and Lake Nippissing and up north from there. And Eastern Ontario east of Brockville. Timmins and environs. The Highway 17 corridor. There are towns and villages up there where you're likely to get talked to in French as default.

A good third of the place, geographically speaking.

Doug Ford: "trust me, guaranteed".

I'll give him one thing, I guess he thinks he's smart because population-wise, Franco-Ontarians are not as massive as the land area they occupy.

Back