News   Jul 22, 2024
 291     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 552     0 

If you treated women the same way you treated Toronto's cultural mythology...

Cultural mythology my arse :evil ! You're one to talk about female degradation, posting that image SMF.

Yes, he's serious.

Nothing stands in the way of progress, especially if it's on prime real estate!

The reality is neither line will be built within the next generation so there's no point worrying about how one might preempt the other until then.

In the meantime, neverending streetcar/bus sufferation. Got it!

Actually, ridership would be much higher than Queen since it'd relieve the B/D line at Dundas and Pape and probably continue on north. But, again, that wouldn't prevent a Queen line from being successful, too...downtown can handle both lines since transit usage would explode.

I was referring to the east-west 'Front' portion alone. How can I contrast a north-south route to a east-west one, especially if they intercept? Forgive me for wanting to guarantee the areas beyond Parkdale and Riverdale are accessible beyond go-slow, tempoarily run buses and the DRL jeopardizes ridership/public interest/municipal approval.

Nothing stands in the way of progress, especially if it's on prime real estate!
jane-jacobs.jpg

Does that answer your question?

Of course, you might find a lot of "nothing stands in the way of progress" types thru here
www.libertarian.on.ca/
www.freedomparty.on.ca/

Remember that this guy wants to bulldoze Rouge Park for tract housing. Demolishing R.C. Harris is child's play. The best part is that he doesn't seem to realize that people in condos need water to drink.

The 506 is immaterial, it sees the least traffic of the downtown streetcars and coincidentally is the one closest to BD, 5 mins tops.

Please, please read before you post. The 506 was the busiest surface route in the city until its recent rehabilitation shutdown.

I enjoy your ignorance sometimes, it makes disgracing you all the much better.
Queen East:
-St Lawrence Market/Hummingbird Centre/Esplanade
-Moss Park/pawn shop district/several offices
-Regent Park low income housing/Bayfront East/Don Lands W
-Queen-Broadview Village/GO connection
-Gerrard Sq walking distance/Studio District/industries
-Leslieville/Waterfront revitalization
-Ashbridges/Woodbine Park/Greenwood Telewagering
-Woodbine Beach/Woodbine Mews townhouses/Kew Gardens
-Balmy Beach Park revitalized by existence of subway
-Fox Beaches Cinema/Queen East novelty shopping
-Toronto Hunt Club/Fallingbrook/Scarborough Bluffs/RM Gdns
-Birchmount/Cliffside Village or Shopper's World alternatively

Wow. I can definitely tell that's a Mapquest map you're using. Most of those sites aren't even close to Queen. In fact, they're much closer to a DRL. Hmm... In fact, just about every spot you mentioned other than the Beach and the Hunt Club would be served by the DRL. And...wait a minute...the Hunt Club?! A few dozen octogenarian millionaires are definitely going to pack a subway.

Why not! Closing down the filtration plant and putting some condos there wouldn't hurt. It'd definitely make a subway to Fallingbrook an inexcusable must, that's for sure. Anyway you know Queen East deserves a subway long before your suburban dreck, just stop fighting it already!

Fallingbrook?! Are you joking? Have you ever been there? The density there makes 905 look like Kowloon.

You clearly aren't old enough to have any memory of a real estate bust, but the demand for condos is not limitless as you seem to think.

Forgive me for wanting to guarantee the areas beyond Parkdale and Riverdale are accessible beyond go-slow, tempoarily run buses and the DRL jeopardizes ridership/public interest/municipal approval.

Oh snap! Forgive me for wanting to give Parkdale and Riverdale two subways.

A few dozen octogenarian millionaires are definitely going to pack a subway.

They will if they mistakenly drive their golf carts onto the subway.

Remember that this guy wants to bulldoze Rouge Park for tract housing. Demolishing R.C. Harris is child's play. The best part is that he doesn't seem to realize that people in condos need water to drink.

I know I've said tis before but you're really unimaginative. Plants can be relocated. I'm suggesting rectifying an atrocity to public transit and the revitalization of the downtown core and you're peppering me with put-downs. Typical! If less than 10% of Rouge Park is developed as a result of a Zoo bound transit line (note: I did not say definitely a subway) then what the f%#k is the problem with that? As for Fallingbrook, Queen St ends where? I want the whole corridor accessible and if it took waterfront condominiums to achieve it I would in a heartbeat. For every handful of NIMBYs there's 000s of gracious supprters glad they didn't have to suffer an hour from BD to 64 to walking, yes walking home cause the 501's become so unreliable.

Please, please read before you post. The 506 was the busiest surface route in the city until its recent rehabilitation shutdown.

Yeah any route that end in a park or on the reverse, 3-4 passengers tops into Main is indeed the most busy. I'm confused to why Upper Gerrard even has a streetcar line. It's so pathetic I could barf. The 135 should just operate out of Coxwell, as should the 506 lessening the agonizing monotony of the slow drawl by two stations.

Most of those sites aren't even close to Queen. In fact, they're much closer to a DRL. Hmm... In fact, just about every spot you mentioned other than the Beach and the Hunt Club would be served by the DRL.

Nope only St Lawrence, which if you knew anything was included in my Queen Line. Anywhere south of Queen is either walking distance or 5 mins away on bus.

A few dozen octogenarian millionaires are definitely going to pack a subway.

Maybe their club will become more inclusive. I'd love to see them try to putt over a vibrating golf course ;) .

You clearly aren't old enough to have any memory of a real estate bust, but the demand for condos is not limitless as you seem to think.

New condo residents aren't held in as high regard by me as you'd think. I think it's a mockery shame it's only when outside forces nove into an area that the City feels it's time to improve infrastructure and amenities. Long standing residents always get short-changed :( .

Oh snap! Forgive me for wanting to give Parkdale and Riverdale two subways.

Why would you want to go and do that when it means the annilalation of lines any further west or east?

Plants can be relocated.

Yeah, let's move RC Harris to where Osgoode Hall now stands...I think we'd need to dig a canal up University, though, but at least that might kill the Opera House!

If less than 10% of Rouge Park is developed as a result of a Zoo bound transit line (note: I did not say definitely a subway) then what the f%#k is the problem with that?

None of the park will be redeveloped. It is a park.

As for Fallingbrook, Queen St ends where? I want the whole corridor accessible and if it took waterfront condominiums to achieve it I would in a heartbeat.

So now you want Fallingbrook razed and replaced with condos?

New condo residents aren't held in as high regard by me as you'd think.

Yet you'd destroy every park and recognizable building in the city to house them if it'd justify your ridiculous monorail plans...

Why would you want to go and do that when it means the annilalation of lines any further west or east?

The DRL would go diagonally through those areas, connecting them with the CBD and with the Bloor/Danforth line. Then add the Queen line, which is perfectly free to continue on past them. Parkdale and Riverdale can get two subways...it's really not complicated.

edit - And Carlton was once the busiest streetcar, as cited here: transit.toronto.on.ca/str...4105.shtml

I know I've said tis before but you're really unimaginative. Plants can be relocated. I'm suggesting rectifying an atrocity to public transit and the revitalization of the downtown core and you're peppering me with put-downs. Typical! If less than 10% of Rouge Park is developed as a result of a Zoo bound transit line (note: I did not say definitely a subway) then what the f%#k is the problem with that? As for Fallingbrook, Queen St ends where? I want the whole corridor accessible and if it took waterfront condominiums to achieve it I would in a heartbeat. For every handful of NIMBYs there's 000s of gracious supprters glad they didn't have to suffer an hour from BD to 64 to walking, yes walking home cause the 501's become so unreliable.

Why thank you!
Not that I particularly want to dignify your desire to demolish R.C. Harris with further response, but do you understand that all the pipes lead to that location and cannot simply be routed elsewhere? Do you also understand that it's one of Toronto's most important heritage sites? Of course you don't care about that.

10% of the park. It's a park! I just don't understand how you can't understand the concept. Yes, why don't we tear down 10% of Old City Hall. That's a good idea!

Yonge Street ends in Rainy River. Do you want a subway there? There's something to be said for a Queen Line, but certainly not out to windy roads with ravine homes.

Yeah any route that end in a park or on the reverse, 3-4 passengers tops into Main is indeed the most busy. I'm confused to why Upper Gerrard even has a streetcar line. It's so pathetic I could barf. The 135 should just operate out of Coxwell, as should the 506 lessening the agonizing monotony of the slow drawl by two stations.

"At over 56000 passengers per weekday, the Carlton Streetcar is the TTC's most well-patroned surface route."

www.transit.toronto.on.ca/streetcar/4105.shtml

Sorry to disrupt your ideas with facts.

Nope only St Lawrence, which if you knew anything was included in my Queen Line. Anywhere south of Queen is either walking distance or 5 mins away on bus.

You listed the West Don Lands (you called it Don Lands West) and East Bayfront (you: Bayfront East). How are they not much closer to the DRL than to the Queen line?

Yeah, let's move RC Harris to where Osgoode Hall now stands...I think we'd need to dig a canal up University, though, but at least that might kill the Opera House!

Holy frak, you people are in the Dark Ages! Even Greenwood Yard is being considered to be decked over to house condos. Why do spaces have to remain as one thing for all of eternity? I'm telling you, and I'm say this with all virtuosity, if this were London or Seoul we'd have subway lines that stretch over 200 kms or the equivilent of Queens Quay to Barrie. It's not too much to ask suggesting the Beaches get a subway, especially when it's so close to the core and along a major artery.

None of the park will be redeveloped. It is a park.

You're joking right? *cough* fright lines *cough* arterial roads *cough* privately owned properties within *cough* the Zoo *cough* line would be within preexisting ROW *cough* if ridership's the problem, we've seen worse on the existing system *cough* nuff said :evil !

So now you want Fallingbrook razed and replaced with condos?

IF! Must you overanalyze everything I say?

Yet you'd destroy every park and recognizable building in the city to house them if it'd justify your ridiculous monorail plans...

When was the last time you've been to Rouge Park? I bet you can't answer cause to millions it's just a patch of dirt standing in the way of progress. You fight so hard to preserve something that is valueless to you meanwhile people in the northeast are 2-3 hrs away from the core. Your vapid attempts to save it (albeit I'm continually misquoted as saying the entire frigging thing must be bulldozed when development if any would just border the Zoo, less than 10 percent of the total area [even NYC's bigger]) will only lead to more car use= more pollution= ecological damage to your precious park= self-destruction= "Dear God, why didn't we only listen :\ ?!".

The DRL would go diagonally through those areas, connecting them with the CBD and with the Bloor/Danforth line. Then add the Queen line, which is perfectly free to continue on past them. Parkdale and Riverdale can get two subways...it's really not complicated.

Your certainty that DRL will happen, only asserts my view point that if Queen was overlooked for BD, it'll be again only this time with another line right on its heels, so that areas from Cliffside, Birchmount, Fallingbrook, Beach, Leslieville, all the intermediate nodes north of the DRL (you tell me if people will like walking from Queen down to Front), High Park, Swansea, Kingsway, Mimico, Lakeshore Village, Long Branch, Alderwood and Sherway will forever be stuck with buses. If you suggested DRL with some assemblance of a Queen Line as part of the deal, you'd never hear me bring up the inequity again.

Why thank you!

It wasn't a compliment :rolleyes !

Do you also understand that it's one of Toronto's most important heritage sites? Of course you don't care about that.

No I did not know, thanks for the info :D . For me, anytime I'm down there and want to jog directly from the Beaches to Bluffs I'd scratch my head bewildered as to why this behemoth bunker thingee was impeding my walking path. It's a beautiful-looking area and despite what you and Scarb think, I feel a subway would only enhance its embience and accessibilty. Think Beaches Jazz Festival and various other events thrown by the area. Why should selfish NIMBYs reserve it for only the elite, access for everyone I say.

Even Beech (pun intended) Stn would be modelled after Southern Californian style beach fair with a grotto-platform/mezzanine/exit all on same level- linking the station directly to the beach complete with storage lockers, a West 49-style retail area, even ska/punk over the intercoms. Okay maybe I'm going a bit overboard but the point is, I see expansion as more than connect the dots, I see it as connecting the people with the best the city has to offer.

10% of the park. It's a park!

I hope you'll still be shrieking that when the population explosion leads to turf wars and shanty towns along Beare Road :lol !

There's something to be said for a Queen Line, but certainly not out to windy roads with ravine homes.

But if it has to go to Warden/Kingston anyway why not stop there? This is the core, the leap from VP to Warden might have flown further north but certainly the same can't be expected of the downtown core. Even if I scratched Fallingbrook I'd run it to Neville Pk, maybe putting the whole platform to the east of it to lessen the need for a separate FB stop.

Sorry to disrupt your ideas with facts.

You quote a bygone, antiquated statistic from the early 90s and expect me to believe it as fact? Even if that were the case today (far from it) it's too close to BD to justify a subway near it. Furthermore if that DRL you all are pushing becomes a reality, Gerrard/Carlaw and College/Lansdowne also get linked up lessening its worth even further. Queen, midway between the harbourfront and BD is so obviously the best candidate I don't why I'm wasting my time here defending it! It has nodes, extremely high ridership, goes through the municipal/corporate crown jem of Canada and is the only route capable of bringing in 0000s (since 000s aint high enough a figure to sway you people) from the suburbs, what's more to dispute :smokin !?!

How are they not much closer to the DRL than to the Queen line?

You're talking a trivial number of yards away unless I have no idea where these places are. Church/Front and River/Queen would be really close I know that. Distillery? Not evreywhere can be reached my friend, Queen/Parliament's close enough!

Memo to socialwoe: Wikipedia on R. C. Harris plant, for starters. Does the name Michael Ondaatje mean anything to you? (Er...no. I presume. Just another fuzzy-wuzzy arts'n'letters type, I guess.)

Look, socialwoe. Sure, by offering your bright ideas on behalf of mass transit rather than superhighways, that may give you a gloss of transportation "political correctness"; but even so, your're displaying the kind of peevish, ignorant, contemptuous insensitivity toward existing *cultural* conditions (and I use "cultural" in an wide-ranging abstract sense) that'd make Robert Moses look like Ned Flanders. IOW, when it comes to urban advocacy, you're an abusive jerk who'd be tossed out of local planning circles as a wannabe-Napoleonic fringe nuisance. With your attitude t/w the R. C. Harris plant being the final straw--*nobody*, other than a few 90s-style extreme-libertarian Usenet kooks, would be in your camp on that one.

But then again, maybe you're but a kid--a precocious transport-fantasy-planning kind of kid, but a kid all the same. And I know what that's all about. As a kid, poring over maps and thinking it'd be a nifty idea to connect the St. Clairs over the Don valley, or Lawrence at Bayview, because...gee whiz, those gaps shouldn't exist, streets should be continuous. Such apparent imbalances should be "fixed", shouldn't they?

Now, the realities behind such "imbalances" and why they can't (or needn't) always be "fixed" become clear once our urbanist testicles drop, so to speak. And it seems clear from your idea-mongering that your own testicles have yet to fully drop--despite your message-board-spamming bravura smokescreen.

Likewise, the way you're using this condo-dweller common reference point sounds terribly juvenile if it were coming from someone beyond the age of 20. I know what that's like; I have an over-30 female family member whose talk of fancy condos and rich boyfriends (and milking said rich boyfriends for all they're worth) sounds more like what I'd expect from a 13-year-old. Emotionally speaking, she's developmentally disabled...

Take a hint, before you do any more of this message-board version of Star Wars Kid light-sabering...

I'm telling you, and I'm say this with all virtuosity, if this were London or Seoul we'd have subway lines that stretch over 200 kms or the equivilent of Queens Quay to Barrie. It's not too much to ask suggesting the Beaches get a subway, especially when it's so close to the core and along a major artery.

I really am wondering how you came up with the word virtuosity in that context.

Please look at maps of London or Seoul or any other city. They don't run subways out 200 kilometres from the centre of the city. In fact, London's subways mostly stay the same distance or closer from the centre as Toronto's. They just have a much more dense network.

You're joking right? *cough* fright lines *cough* arterial roads *cough* privately owned properties within *cough* the Zoo *cough* line would be within preexisting ROW *cough* if ridership's the problem, we've seen worse on the existing system *cough* nuff said !

I am not joking at all when I say that there will be no condos built in a park. The area is protected both by the city as a park, and by the province as part of the greenbelt and Rouge Valley system. I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to say, unless you're suggesting that the zoo be torn down for condos. There certainly is no place on the existing system where a subway line terminates deep inside a wilderness park with no people living or working there.

When was the last time you've been to Rouge Park? I bet you can't answer cause to millions it's just a patch of dirt standing in the way of progress. You fight so hard to preserve something that is valueless to you meanwhile people in the northeast are 2-3 hrs away from the core.

I was last in Rouge Park yesterday evening. I challenge you to find one other person, other than Silvio de Gasperis, who thinks that Rouge Park is standing in the way of progress. It has a great deal of value to me and millions of others in the GTA. It is one of the last remaining patches of wilderness in the GTA, it helps keep our drinking water clean, it provides an opportunity for city-dwellers to experience real nature, and it provides a barrier to sprawl to the northeast. Saving the Rouge Valley is one of the greatest achievements of Toronto environmentalism.

It wasn't a compliment !

Coming from you, it is!

Why should selfish NIMBYs reserve it for only the elite, access for everyone I say.

Let me get this straight. The public parkland at R.C. Harris is NIMBYs reserving it only for the elite, while waterfront condos is access for everyone.

You quote a bygone, antiquated statistic from the early 90s and expect me to believe it as fact? Even if that were the case today (far from it)

Please, do share with us your expansive knowledge about the situation. Tell me how your figures show the line going from the busiest to the least busy line in the system.

You're talking a trivial number of yards away unless I have no idea where these places are. Church/Front and River/Queen would be really close I know that. Distillery? Not evreywhere can be reached my friend, Queen/Parliament's close enough!

Okay, you obviously don't know where the East Bayfront and West Don Lands are. The former is along Queens Quay, east of Jarvis, while the latter is centred on Front and Cherry.

Let me get this straight. The public parkland at R.C. Harris is NIMBYs reserving it only for the elite, while waterfront condos is access for everyone.

Well, "the elite" is a veiled way of saying they don't want insensitive, vulgar, tasteless, ignorant waterfront-condo-dwelling nouveau riche jerks like socialwoe telling them what to do.

So, dismissing them as NIMBYs is akin to dismissing an ex-girlfriend as a selfish bitch because she wouldn't agree to breast implants, she feels her body's perfectly fine, thank you...

You're joking right? *cough* fright lines *cough* arterial roads *cough* privately owned properties within *cough* the Zoo *cough* line would be within preexisting ROW *cough* if ridership's the problem, we've seen worse on the existing system *cough* nuff said

The only thing you'll be allowed to develop in the Rouge Park is pneumonia. In fact, I encourage it.

When was the last time you've been to Rouge Park? I bet you can't answer cause to millions it's just a patch of dirt standing in the way of progress. You fight so hard to preserve something that is valueless to you meanwhile people in the northeast are 2-3 hrs away from the core.

I'm in and around the Rouge Park all the time. For one thing, I've been to the Zoo more times than anyone else on this forum (unless someone's worked there, but I don't think anyone has). Many times in high school we'd drive out to Old Finch and just wander around the creeks, or cross the old bridge on foot at night listening to the crazy noises coming from the zoo. If you're asking how often I roast marshmallows next to the Beare Road ex-landfill, well, none, because it's not that kind of park.

People in the northeast are most certainly not 3 hours away from the core...I can both walk to Rouge Park and get downtown by transit in less than an hour.

edit -
It's not too much to ask suggesting the Beaches get a subway, especially when it's so close to the core and along a major artery.

So, again, what's wrong with building both a DRL and a Queen line?

so, your're displaying the kind of peevish, ignorant, contemptuous insensitivity toward existing *cultural* conditions

Yadda, friggin yadda! I've come up with better condescensions in my |I !

when it comes to urban advocacy, you're an abusive jerk who'd be tossed out of local planning circles as a wannabe-Napoleonic fringe nuisance. With your attitude t/w the R. C. Harris plant being the final straw--*nobody*, other than a few 90s-style extreme-libertarian Usenet kooks, would be in your camp on that one.

Nice :D ! You should scratch the DMA and replace with SS! It suits you. If I'm that a nuisance why are YOU the only complainer? I said jokingly if it took bulding some condos to validate the need for the Queen Line (which there already is without condos, only no one seems to give a damn about nowhere except where there's condos, so I mentioned condos)
I'd put one there. I didn't mention it as a node or nothing til you people brought it up. Silly me for thinking you people can handle a joke, or is lol the only suffisive you can comprehend?

a precocious transport-fantasy-planning kind of kid, but a kid all the same. And I know what that's all about.

Your one to talk about maturity. This is the second time you singled me out in threads that have nothing to do with you, largely conversation bewteen only a few selective posters. But you feel the need to put insult to injury calling people "dunce" and "jerk" when in reality only a dunce ass jerk would come out of left field with shit in his mouth spewing hatred. I knew not of its significance, you could've told me without the bravura. Are you off your meds or something dude?

As a kid, poring over maps and thinking it'd be a nifty idea to connect the St. Clairs over the Don valley, or Lawrence at Bayview, because...gee whiz, those gaps shouldn't exist,

Nope, I reserve that level of thinking for someone more of your caliber :evil !

become clear once our urbanist testicles drop, so to speak. And it seems clear from your idea-mongering that your own testicles have yet to fully drop--despite your message-board-spamming bravura smokescreen.

:rollin ! You're playing a dangerous game now my friend!
Putting ideas out there to hear what responses I get is not a sign of prepubesence, if anyhting it reenforces my stance that when it garners idiotic tirades from basketcases with nothing better than bashing on his mind, I've done my part at least demonstrating not everyone here is a true visionary, some need more guidance than some!

Likewise, the way you're using this condo-dweller common reference point sounds terribly juvenile if it were coming from someone beyond the age of 20.

I've already discussed this but now let me add subways only seem to be of topical interest when massive residential value is attached, not 000s, 00000s.

Take a hint, before you do any more of this message-board version of Star Wars Kid light-sabering...

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck you :hat !
Did you get that hint?

They just have a much more dense network.

Fine, whatever! Is every place the subways run dense as Queen/Yonge? If not, at least one complete cross-town subway is by no stretch of the imagination harmful, wasteful or limited in potential.

unless you're suggesting that the zoo be torn down for condos.

I wasn't. I suppose the 86's all this part of the world will ever see :\ since there's no further point selling it to yous.

Saving the Rouge Valley is one of the greatest achievements of Toronto environmentalism.

Okay forget the Zoo loop idea for a moment. If a line just ran along Sheppard East approaching the Zoo from there, how would that jeopardize the park?

Forget the condos too. You people are the ones who keep hammering in that these areas couldn't support subways without them. Again if I took out Fallingbrook and ran a subway to VP (ironically the foot of which is R.C. Harris) and up it, would you still feel a subway to this neighbourhood is a bad idea?

Please, do share with us your expansive knowledge about the situation. Tell me how your figures show the line going from the busiest to the least busy line in the system.

I have no stats to provide, just my personal experience. The line is unnecessarily long, it's closer to BD than any other east-west route, it'd be less important if and when a Queen Line is built, it mistakingly only stops at High Park not going upto Keele, making traffic at the west end taper off and goes on for too long at the east when Coxwell could support a streetcar line all it's own. I never said cancel it, I said in constrast to prospective 250, 000 riders further south are we going to build an underutilized subway for just Little Italy, some UT traffic, Cabbagetown and Gerrard Sq all but 5mins away from Bloor?

The former is along Queens Quay, east of Jarvis, while the latter is centred on Front and Cherry.

Even the DRL can't go to Redpath. Front/Cherry is not that far from Queen via Sumach kittycorner to a River Street stop. But I'll let you win this round. Don't wanna be labelled an insensitive jerk you know ;) !

Well, "the elite" is a veiled way of saying they don't want insensitive, vulgar, tasteless, ignorant waterfront-condo-dwelling nouveau riche jerks like socialwoe telling them what to do.

Oops, spoke too soon! Now I'm vulgar, tasteless and ignorant? If Rosedale has a subway run through it what's so special that these hoity-toity rich Beach folk can't make the area more accessible to the public or their licenseless children who need transit to get around? Tell me you have a learning curve greater than zero Assthma, I need something to work with here!

So, again, what's wrong with building both a DRL and a Queen line?

Absolutely nothing. Just make sure Queen's built first cause I don't trust the cut-corners TTC as far as I can throw 'em!

Why not! Closing down the filtration plant and putting some condos there wouldn't hurt.
Think man, think. That site supplies 33% of Toronto (and York Region's) water supply, which means that many of the GTA's pipes are aligned and sized based on that location being the source of drinking water. It's closure would fundamentally alter the hydraulics of Toronto's pipe network, requiring thousands of km of pipes to be replaced anywhere from Lake Ontario to Richmond Hill. The cost would be in the billions, and the disruption would be immense (most mains are located underneath arterial roads). The east end of Queen St. will remain occupied by ANY filtration plant indefinitely

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck you :hat !
Did you get that hint?

For that, socialwoe, you get an "F" grade in Toronto urbanism. Or maybe you already got the "F" grade, and that's your response--well, you just blew any chance of appealing your grade, then...

Back