1.7K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 369     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 945     1 

Politics: Tim Hudak's Plan for Ontario if he becomes Premier

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope this doesn't mean that the Liberals back off from their transit promises, from the minority where the NDP were keeping therm honest on transit.

I hope they don't - but I wonder what it meant wrt new revenue tools for transit. Hudak and Horwath are both against it.

AoD

I really hope this doesn't mean that the Liberals back off from their transit promises, from the minority where the NDP were keeping therm honest on transit.

Considering that Toronto was won by Liberals; I think they will make sure to keep their promises, even though it's only to make sure they have a high chance of keeping their seats for the next legislative election.

Hopefully the PC Party recognize that right wing nonsense doesn't work in this province. You have been rejected.

Dedicated transit funding and transit expansion was a key promise. They had a huge win throughout the GTA and areas east & west of the GTA.. if that isn't a mandate for transit expansion & funding I don't know what is.

Hopefully the PC Party recognize that right wing nonsense doesn't work in this province. You have been rejected.

Funny how us "right wingers" are usually the ones that create the jobs. We may be the one rejecting the province when we start moving all those jobs out to places that actually appreciate the private sector and understand that the civil service, while necessary at a certain size, is not a wealth generator. Look at how well all those left leaning European countries are doing.

Funny how us "right wingers" are usually the ones that create the jobs. We may be the one rejecting the province when we start moving all those jobs out to places that actually appreciate the private sector and understand that the civil service, while necessary at a certain size, is not a wealth generator. Look at how well all those left leaning European countries are doing.

Dude you can move or move all the jobs you want. This is not a right ring province. You and your party need to change your policies to suit the province.

Considering that Toronto was won by Liberals; I think they will make sure to keep their promises, even though it's only to make sure they have a high chance of keeping their seats for the next legislative election.

I think Wynne will bring back her transit tax proposal now that she has a majority. She only abandoned it in the hope of getting the NDP to support the budget, which didn't succeed, and because she thought that running on that platform in the election would get Hudak elected. Expect more ridiculous city council transit debates.

There's always the "Mirror, Mirror" universe for Tim Hudak.

mirror_spock.jpg

I think we are all ill-served by policies that are too extreme - and I think we do need to pay attention to the fiscal situation the province is facing and that restraining public expenditures and/or increasing revenues for targeted areas of spending is required. What Ontarians have overwhelming rejected is wholesale cut and slash.

AoD

Three elections in a row the PC Party lost an election that they should have won. In the first two, hindsight shows that we were served poorly by our choice. I wonder if history will be kinder to Wynne in this election.

Dude you can move or move all the jobs you want. This is not a right ring province. You and your party need to change your policies to suit the province.

Firstly, it's not "my party". Secondly, we did give Mike Harris two majorities so this province can be very right wing when it wants to be. With your attitude about moving jobs, we will turn this province into another Greece or Portugal.

Yep, it was Hudak's race to lose, and he lost it.

When Wynne announced her ambitious tax-and-spend budget, which Horwath chose not to support, I thought she had handed Hudak the election.

But then Hudak came out with his hard-right fire-100000-people and his bizarre create-1-million-jobs claim, and he handed it right back again.

Mind you I thought it was going to be a Liberal minority (albeit with the possibility of a PC minority). I didn't at all believe it was going to be a Liberal majority.

P.S. For the very first time in my life, I voted Green. I actually don't like the Green Party much, but since I disliked all three main parties this time around too, and because my area is overwhelmingly Liberal anyway, I decided to make my vote a single-issue vote: The Green Party is the only party of those four that dared to say they'd merge the public and Catholic school boards. That's something I've wanted since like forever. There should be no publicly funded religious school board in modern Ontario.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back