News   Jul 24, 2024
 502     0 
News   Jul 24, 2024
 507     0 
News   Jul 24, 2024
 420     0 

Police Raid Compassion Club

Looking the video I see that the man detained at the door appeared to resist and try to push one of the officers out the door. Do that and the response from police is pretty predictable.

I just looked at the video again and did not see any resistance but for the sake of argument lets say that he did resist. How would this man - who is identified as a security guard - know that the goons storming the building were in fact police officers? They were not in uniform and there was nothing to identify them as cops. You would never see such a raid in the states because everyone is armed and the undercover cops would be quickly shot if they were not wearing special vests. Same thing with the man standing in the doorway who was thrown to the ground. I agree that if you resist the actions of UNIFORMED cops the results are predicable but these thugs were not in uniform.

I just looked at the video again and did not see any resistance but for the sake of argument lets say that he did resist. How would this man - who is identified as a security guard - know that the goons storming the building were in fact police officers? They were not in uniform and there was nothing to identify them as cops. You would never see such a raid in the states because everyone is armed and the undercover cops would be quickly shot if they were not wearing special vests. Same thing with the man standing in the doorway who was thrown to the ground. I agree that if you resist the actions of UNIFORMED cops the results are predicable but these thugs were not in uniform.

This is not to defend the cops just to present a reason why we should all avoid early judgement (of anyone) here. Since there is no sound on the clip (at least the clip I saw) can we say with any certainty that they did not say "police, step aside"?

As for the knocking off of the other guy's hat...sure it looks, on that video, to be uneccesarily rough but, again, do we know that she did not say "take off your hat" and when the guy refused she proceeded to "take it off" for him? (I actually saw this in Bala last year...kid trying to get into a concert...OPP asked him to remove his baseball cap.....kid sorta shrugged off the request, he was sternly told to remove his hat or it would be removed for him....he took of the hat and, voila, marijuana...he, too, was arrested in compliance with the law). We just don't know what was and what was not said......so we should be careful with judging either side.

No need to "jump on me" is there? Perhaps you could let him respond for himself....would that be OK with you?

sorry...i must have only read his comment after he edited and your response must have been before he edited. I only responded because I, too, would be interested to know how hash is treated under the medical marijuana law.

Since there is no sound on the clip (at least the clip I saw) can we say with any certainty that they did not say "police, step aside"?

Anyone can say that...but only a real cop can show his ID....which they didn't do.

I'm sorry that you're so willing to comply with orders from a street thug, I'm not.

Seems fairly obvious to me she was power tripping and bitch slapped his hat off. There no need for excessive force especially when these people are terminally ill or have serious disabilities.

Quite the example of excessive force. Hope the hat survived.

Quite the example of excessive force. Hope the hat survived.

In the case of the female cop the issue is not one of excessive force but lack of respect for a citizen that she is being paid (very well) to protect. There was no reason for her to taunt this man. Her conduct was obnoxious

I wonder if they ran a wire on them and stomped all over those greedy kingpins. The cops should be out on them corners bustin' heads in, packing the police wagons in with the various whacked-out hoodle-heads until these knuckle-headed dope fiends stop their addiction!

A heavy-handed law enforcement approach to "the war on drugs" will often lead to incidents like this. That this is even a legal issue in which medical patients - with paperwork to substantiate their usage - are being abused and hassled, severely lessens my hope for a future where recreational use is decriminalized. I'm used to making arguments against the "war" based what it allows in terms of heroin, coke, and meth distribution - the implementation of narcocapitalism leading to mass poverty and exorbitant wealth at the top, a system in which the kingpins are usually insulated by the lower and mid-level workers, and a legitimate question of how to rehabilitate the addicts - not with marijuana in which a public health approach to the issue is much less necessary. I have to wonder what the police brass were aiming to achieve in this case, hope to present the raid as an achievement of justice by putting weed - cultivated for medical users - on the table? This series of events is a step backwards.

Last edited:
Gun violence erupted at the pot protest in Dundas Square today and I just happened to have my camera with me at the time.

[video=youtube;OZ0kOEF9Rzg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ0kOEF9Rzg[/video]

Back