News   Jul 24, 2024
 479     0 
News   Jul 24, 2024
 506     0 
News   Jul 24, 2024
 420     0 

Police Raid Compassion Club

For the most part, Nazi soldiers were absolved by the Allies after the war.
What do consider as Nazi soldiers? The Wehrmacht weren't by default Nazis, but were just Germans fighting as the political and military leaders ordered. The Schutzstaffel were required to be Nazi Party members, as were politicians, judges, teachers, police, etc. The vast majority of what you refer to as Nazi soldiers were released back to German society after the war.

^^ I agree. Though, there are a lot more things that I hate about Canada. Fortunately for it, it has a lot of really good things going for it. I like to see it as great people, great ideology, terrible, terrible politics.
And while I do believe that Marijuana should be a controlled substance (means sick people can still use it,) I agree it's kind of stupid to have laws against places that sell marijuana to people that legally can own and use it.

What do consider as Nazi soldiers? The Wehrmacht weren't by default Nazis, but were just Germans fighting as the political and military leaders ordered. The Schutzstaffel were required to be Nazi Party members, as were politicians, judges, teachers, police, etc. The vast majority of what you refer to as Nazi soldiers were released back to German society after the war.
The point is that the Nazi soldiers were doing their job-being soldiers. Sure, they killed people, they felt bad. American, Canadian, British and Italian soldiers did the same thing. It's the outliers, the commanders and captains that ordered things like take no prisoners and (I'm guessing the point,) killing millions of Jews, who were guilty.
So figure out who's just doing their job and who's the outliers. These police officers were told to do a raid on the building. Fine, just doing their job. They then proceed to attack and be overly rough to completely innocent (in some cases medically ill,) people. That's where I see them resembling the Nazi commanders instead of soldiers.
Don't let them take the blame for the stupidly requested raid in the first place, but make them accountable for their actions as police officers. Depending on the actual circumstances (and no I'm a cop so I would know bullshit, what really happened,) there are a few officers that I'm thinking have grounds for a suspension.

Though, it being a law enforcement case, they'll probably just get a slap on the wrist and be given a $10000 benefit for some sprained wrist they got while shoving a quadriplegic to the ground. Those are the times I really have to detest the criminal justice system. Those are the times that I think back to Law Abiding Citizen and think City Hall should have actually blown up at the end too.

They then proceed to attack and be overly rough to completely innocent (in some cases medically ill,) people.

Do you know more about this than is in that video or am I missing something in the video? I saw nothing in the video that says all of those people are completely innocent (nor do I know if they were guilty.....it just can't be determined from that video).

Sometimes for reasons such as this I utterly hate Canada. How do stupid laws like this still persist?

No one has repealed them? There has not been any groundswell of public opinion/pressure for them to be repealed. Do you really hate Canada because we have laws regarding the possession and distribution of marijuana and other drugs?

Sometimes for reasons such as this I utterly hate Canada. How do stupid laws like this still persist?
Canada is a great country, IMO. We have laws against narcotics, but I don't use illegal drugs. We have laws against speeding, but I don't speed. We have laws against theft, but I don't steal. If you want to live a good life in Canada it's easy, just don't break the laws.

Canada is a great country, IMO. We have laws against narcotics, but I don't use illegal drugs. We have laws against speeding, but I don't speed. We have laws against theft, but I don't steal. If you want to live a good life in Canada it's easy, just don't break the laws.
That all true, there's the point that Canada is accepting of many different people including people that use drugs, and therefore perhaps some narcotic drugs go against what makes us a great country.

Not that I think that at all. Though we should draw the line somewhere. I think it's a rather silly society that allows people to do a stupid thing like destroy their lungs while smoking just to call itself liberal.

If Marijuana was to be legalized though, I'd first like to see an experiment to make a kind of LCBO for cigarettes. That way the government can directly cash in on cigarettes, while making sure kids don't have commercial access to them in the same way LCBO restricts commercial access for them to alcohol. Though even if that kind of system worked, I'd still rather see tobacco and other drugs stamped out instead of compromised with.

Did they really shove a quadriplegic to the ground? Cause I didn't see that in the video. More hyperbole maybe?

I don't know about quadriplegics but I cannot understand how anyone viewing the video could not be disgusted with the action of the cops. When they entered from the street about 4 undercover cops piled on top of a guy leaving the facility , they pushed him to the ground and handcuffed him. For what? When they entered the office one of the undercover cops grabs a guy who was simply standing at the doorway and violently throws him to the ground. It took the guy about a minute to stumble back on to his feet. How was this warranted? Also in the video a female officer taunts a client by slapping him across the head. Not only was the action of the cops unwarranted but it is also hypocritical in that you can just bet that the majority of these cops are regular pot users themselves. It is a good thing that cops are not subjected to regular routine drug testing or most would have to find another line of work. In fact I think until such time pot is legalized we should subject all cops to routine drug testing maybe then they will practice some restraint.

I don't know about quadriplegics but I cannot understand how anyone viewing the video could not be disgusted with the action of the cops. When they entered from the street about 4 undercover cops piled on top of a guy leaving the facility , they pushed him to the ground and handcuffed him. For what? When they entered the office one of the undercover cops grabs a guy who was simply standing at the doorway and violently throws him to the ground. It took the guy about a minute to stumble back on to his feet. How was this warranted? Also in the video a female officer taunts a client by slapping him across the head.

I am keeping an open mind on what went on that day. For one thing we have no idea what is being said to the police officers by the people they are meeting.....perhaps they are being confronted? Perhaps threatened? I really don't know and no one can from the video released. This may be abuse of power or it may not be...can't tell. Also, I guess, we have no idea on the amount or intensity of editing that went into this video before it was released.....it may have happened in this order without gaps but I would like to hear that before judging (in either direction).

Not only was the action of the cops unwarranted but it is also hypocritical in that you can just bet that the majority of these cops are regular pot users themselves. It is a good thing that cops are not subjected to regular routine drug testing or most would have to find another line of work. In fact I think until such time pot is legalized we should subject all cops to routine drug testing maybe then they will practice some restraint.

So, if you are going to make that accusation (that the "majority of cops are regular users") you are gonna have to back that up with some sort of link or something that shows this to be the case. I suspect you are just using some unfounded hyperbole to back up your "case".

Seems fairly obvious to me she was power tripping and bitch slapped his hat off. There no need for excessive force especially when these people are terminally ill or have serious disabilities.

Back