News   Jul 24, 2024
 420     0 

Police Raid Compassion Club

Peepers

Banned
Member Bio
Reaction score
Here is the story:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...marijuana-shut-down-by-police/article1522875/

This is disgusting:mad: This is a club that for 14 years has been providing marijuana to persons who have a LEGAL right to purchase it and who NEED it for medical reasons. The cops had absolutely no business raiding this operation. You can see in the following youtube video how the scores of undercover cops acted like thugs - throwing patients to the ground as they entered the building :mad:.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfROq-0aB_I

I hope that there is a huge public outrage over this. A protest at police HQ is planned for next Sunday afternoon. I hope forum members who feel as outraged as I do about this will be able to attend the demonstration.

Last edited:
I don't see any of those thugs in hoodies showing any ID or warrants, just throwing sick people to the ground....brave, aren't they?

What did you expect? The Conservatives are in power now and they want US style drug laws. Haven't you seen the anti-marijuana ads from the Feds lately? You can expect a lot more of this as long as Stephen Harper is PM.

Toronto's finest have sunk to an all time low, throwing disabled people to the ground! Look at Miss Piggy she power trips and bitch slaps the guy's hat off. Least it was caught all on video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfROq-0aB_I

Last edited by a moderator:
What did you expect? The Conservatives are in power now and they want US style drug laws. Haven't you seen the anti-marijuana ads from the Feds lately? You can expect a lot more of this as long as Stephen Harper is PM.
The only anti-marijuana ads I see are aimed at teenagers. Do you think that the government should be more lax about children smoking marijuana?

I'm appalled at the action of the police though. First of all, raiding the place seems pretty stupid in it's own (though I may be out on a few details.) But after watching the video that gabe posted (sorry Peepers, but I'm finding airlines perplexingly irrelevant,) any actual illegal activity still doesn't justify their behaviour.

Do you think that the government should be more lax about children smoking marijuana?

Maybe the government should stay out of it and let these children's parents be parents....but that has nothing to do with raiding this place, where children aren't allowed.

Maybe the government should stay out of it and let these children's parents be parents....but that has nothing to do with raiding this place, where children aren't allowed.
I was just responding to the comment about federal anti-marijuana ads.

And what about kids who's parents don't give a damn? Should we allow them to waste their lives away because their parents just don't care or should the government do something about it?

If the government made anti-alcohol ads the same way then I could see your point. After all, alcohol has ruined far more lives then pot ever could. But even then I'd be critical of the ads. Essentially they're nothing more than "drugs are bad mmkay". Trying to scare kids away from drugs doesn't work, honest education and getting rid of the stigma does. There's a reason that European countries, including the Netherlands, have fewer drug problems and lower drug use than North America.

Setting aside the method of the actual raid (which, to be honest, I expected to be much worse based on the comments here)...is the suggestion that any alleged illegal activitiy here is to be ignored because they are licensed to supply medicinal pot? Are they allowed, then to give pot to anyone or just members? How do you get a membership card? Does anyone know what the alleged illegal activitiy is/was? Any idea why, after 14 years, police would raid the place? If there were "complaints" (as they state) are they not obliged to investigate? If they find illegal activity are they not obliged to enforce the law?

It is very popular to "blame Harper".....is there evidence that he or his government is exerting influence on the Toronto Police Services to raid establishments that have been operating for 14 years? Or is it just possible that the people operating the place (or, even, one of their employees) had stretched the definition of who they could distribute toa little bit?

Certainly not enough facts in that video for me to join a protest (and I think that is what the intent of the video is).

[video=youtube;EwSTMsD0U_g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwSTMsD0U_g[/video]
If the government made anti-alcohol ads the same way then I could see your point. After all, alcohol has ruined far more lives then pot ever could. But even then I'd be critical of the ads. Essentially they're nothing more than "drugs are bad mmkay". Trying to scare kids away from drugs doesn't work, honest education and getting rid of the stigma does. There's a reason that European countries, including the Netherlands, have fewer drug problems and lower drug use than North America.

The Brits have always been good at the anti-drink message. Good in the sense of powerful that is. You're right though, its debatable how effective they ultimately might be....

They haven't given up the War on Drugs yet?

Forget Vietnam, forget Iraq, forget Afghanistan.....THIS is the war they can't win.
And yes, I'd like my tax dollars that have been funelled to this end returned, promptly. What a disgrace.

[video=youtube;EwSTMsD0U_g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwSTMsD0U_g[/video]

The Brits have always been good at the anti-drink message. Good in the sense of powerful that is. You're right though, its debatable how effective they ultimately might be....

That is an anti-drinking and driving ad not an anti drinking ad....I would suggest that we make as many (of course quality/standards are debatable) of those as the Brits do and so do most countries.

They can make all the anti-alcohol and anti-tobacco ads they want but it all just makes them look very schizophrenic when given the hypocrisy and madness that is the War on Drugs.

Back