News   Mar 28, 2024
 1K     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 565     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 856     0 

PM Justin Trudeau's Canada

Agreed. It's not helping the Tories that they also seem to be regretting some of the actions they took in government, and thus supporting these Liberal changes in direction: Clement admitting he ought never to have gutted the census, Ambrose now supporting an inquiry into missing and murdered indigenous women.

Phony as a three dollar bill - especially since they're saying it only after the power to change it has passed them by.

AoD

Phony, yes. Also illustrative of how Ministers like Clement and Ambrose were not actually permitted to speak their mind when in government, unless it was first approved by a 22-year old working in the PMO.

Phony, yes. Also illustrative of how Ministers like Clement and Ambrose were not actually permitted to speak their mind when in government, unless it was first approved by a 22-year old working in the PMO.

Well, if someone has such a lack of strength of conviction - to the point of doing 180s in such a remarkably short period of time, I am not sure why they think they would make for good leaders in the first place.

The whole affair lack sincerity and believability - if that's what they consider a "sunny" offensive, they should think harder.

AoD

Forgot about the Hazel ad. That was probably the best one of the whole campaign. I also liked the NDP "nice hair" parody, although I don't think it was as effective in the end.

Forgot about the Hazel ad. That was probably the best one of the whole campaign. I also liked the NDP "nice hair" parody, although I don't think it was as effective in the end.

It was actually funny and doesn't take itself seriously (think the background music - it certainly wasn't what I'd call serious) - and yet, it does. Deadly combo against the stuffy Harper ads.

AoD

Phony as a three dollar bill - especially since they're saying it only after the power to change it has passed them by.

AoD

There would be collectors' items if you do find one.
Collingwood-three-dollar-bill.jpg

20110615_upper3ab.JPG

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/politics/blue-jays-liberal-advertising-1.3314617

For the most part, all of those election ads during the Jays games annoyed me.

I was thinking the Liberals should have aired their "We will lift enough kids out of poverty to fill Montreal's olympic stadium" ad during the games, and have regional ads using stadiums/arenas associated with each region.

It was another great ad, but only aired in Quebec. Would've been great to have during a Jays game, seeing as viewers would be likely to remember the visual of a whole stadium worth of kids being helped.

This quote from the CAF spokesman is rather silly “Racist attitudes are not compatible with military ethos and with effective military service. Any conduct that reflects such attitudes will not be tolerated,” Every soldier is trained and conditioned to objectify and dehumanize the enemy, usually through racism or at least tribalism mixed with nationalism. How else can you get your people to kill their people?

I take it everyone knows what is going in in Paris. If Trudeau is smart, the air strikes and combat mission will continue. Taking in 25,000 refugees might not be a priority.

Back