News   Jun 17, 2024
 37     0 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 2.5K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.8K     1 

PM Justin Trudeau's Canada

Australia receiving more than us despite being a smaller country, is fairly interesting.

Is it purely China? That would be my immediate logical conclusion, but if someone has some other kind of insight it would be welcoming.
The article clearly states that Vancouver is receiving immigrants from China and Toronto and Montreal from Europe.

Trudeau got mentioned twice by Trump in his speech last night. The US/Canada relationship hasn't been damaged like I thought it would.

canada-quarterly-poll-averages-mar-2017.jpg

Libs are giving back all their post-election gains. The Cons will get a nice bump once they have a leader. The wildcard is the NDP. They need to make big moves to steal back the far-left vote from the Libs. Luckily for them, Trudeau has turned his back on those folks pretty quickly so I can see them gaining back a lot of their lost support even if they elect a poor leader.

One of my conservative Facebook friends who lives in Texas sent me something about Trudeau announcing that funding for reproductive rights. She is staunchly pro-life, so she doesn't like it. I explained to her that basically every major party here is pro-choice by default and the only openly pro-life party (the Christian Heritage Party) got just over 15,000 votes and no seats in the last election.

What kind of society do we live in where a Prime Minister can spend $650,000,000.00 of taxpayers' money, adding to an already heavy debt burden, without first asking parliament or the public whether they support this 'International Reproductive Rights' initiative? It disgusts me that this can be done without public consent. It reminds me of Trudeau saying that Liberals can only be pro choice. What kind of leader doesn't allow people to vote according to their conscience? Junior needs to go. And I'm not a conservative. This is why people like Trump are getting elected: Political correctness has gone beyond the pale. And no, I'm not a Trump fan.

What kind of society do we live in where a Prime Minister can spend $650,000,000.00 of taxpayers' money, adding to an already heavy debt burden, without first asking parliament or the public whether they support this 'International Reproductive Rights' initiative? It disgusts me that this can be done without public consent. It reminds me of Trudeau saying that Liberals can only be pro choice. What kind of leader doesn't allow people to vote according to their conscience? Junior needs to go. And I'm not a conservative. This is why people like Trump are getting elected: Political correctness has gone beyond the pale. And no, I'm not a Trump fan.

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada...maternal_child_health_initiative_to_2020.html

It's his perogative, and any new spending still have to go through parliament as part of the budget process. One may not like it, but the leadership of the party has every right to determine what their party policy is vis-a-vis free votes. If one's conscience bothers them, they have every right to vote against and suffer the consequences, as previous ex-Liberal MPs did. In any case, the noise is louder than the actual actions:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...xual-and-reproductive-health/article34237503/

It's basically rehashing old money - and we have been living in the kind of society where the PM/party in power can, broadly speaking, dictate spending priorities, subjected to budgetary approval by parliament since oh, I don't know, 1867?

AoD

Last edited:
Trudeau's spending and naivety are deplorable. We'll be cleaning up his mess for decades and we're not halfway through his mandate.

Trudeau's spending and naivety are deplorable. We'll be cleaning up his mess for decades and we're not halfway through his mandate.
I really have to disagree. We'll have to spend decades cleaning up the mess his father and Mulroney left before we'll be able to even think about cleaning up Junior's mess.

Back