News   Sep 05, 2024
 518     0 
News   Sep 05, 2024
 549     0 
News   Sep 05, 2024
 1K     0 

PM Justin Trudeau's Canada

So, Trudeau wants us all to drive EVs by 2035, or eleven years, but cuts off the source of affordable EVs.

And what about Telsa, where many of those sold in Canada come from their Chinese factory?
I'm fine with it. Decoupling from China should be a major priority for the West.

So, Trudeau wants us all to drive EVs by 2035, or eleven years, but cuts off the source of affordable EVs.

And what about Telsa, where many of those sold in Canada come from their Chinese factory?
Nothing to do with Mr. T, but on the topic of EVs:

I don’t think the PM’s stance on EV’s by 2035 is achievable (although laudatory), and I do not think the policy survives the next election.

The tariffs I fully support. I have two general feelings about China - the one about a country that I have travelled to constantly for business, have travelled from border to border to border, that I have numerous friends residing in. And the other that reminds my that the country is ruled as a Communist Military Dictatorship of the worst order, ruled by a brutal and nasty one image government, where any Chinese I know with the means has family outside of China and works on getting their funds off shore, where the rules of commercial law are routinely ignored or broken when it comes to relationships with western companies, and you as a western company have zero chance of defending your interests, and a country that has no interest in being a friend of Canada’s on any sort of a level and reciprocal playing field.

So tariff away. And yes, we will hear from those crying because they cannot buy some trashy Chinese model for a so cheap price. Canadians are much like Americans in this way. By God, if I can get it cheaper at Walmart, who cares about jobs and industry in our country I am helping to trash at the same time, and after all, it’s all about me.

I don’t think the PM’s stance on EV’s by 2035 is achievable (although laudatory), and I do not think the policy survives the next election.

The tariffs I fully support. And I would tariff made in China Teslas as well, and maybe Musk should be included too. I have two general feelings about China - the one about a country that I have travelled to constantly for business, have travelled from border to border to border, that I have numerous friends residing in. And the other that reminds my that the country is ruled as a Communist Military Dictatorship of the worst order, ruled by a brutal and nasty one image government, where any Chinese I know with the means has family outside of China and works on getting their funds off shore, where the rules of commercial law are routinely ignored or broken when it comes to relationships with western companies, and you as a western company have zero chance of defending your interests, and a country that has no interest in being a friend of Canada’s on any sort of a level and reciprocal playing field.

So tariff away. And yes, we will hear from those crying because they cannot buy some trashy Chinese model for a so cheap price. Canadians are much like Americans in this way. By God, if I can get it cheaper at Walmart, who cares about jobs and industry in our country I am helping to trash at the same time, and after all, it’s all about me.

Back