News   Jul 16, 2024
 274     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 389     1 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.2K     3 

PM Justin Trudeau's Canada

What is the Jewish "blood libel" trope an analogy for?
The passage you quoted talked of Canadian national unity being adrift due in part smearing of blood libel. I really don't understand the comment to be honest, but assumed they meant something related to Canada's history. The whole idea of blood libel has never made any sort of sense to me.

The passage you quoted talked of Canadian national unity being adrift due in part smearing of blood libel. I really don't understand the comment to be honest, but assumed they meant something related to Canada's history. The whole idea of blood libel has never made any sort of sense to me.

Anti-semitic tropes are not usually dropped accidentally or haphazardly. What does the slaughter of non-Jewish babies by an evil Jewish cabal have to do with immigration in Canada? I guess we'll have to wait for an answer from the original poster.

describing it as blood libel also suggests the person doesn't endorse the idea.
That's not a logical conclusion. We have no information to make it.

Though I always believe that the reader, not the writer gets to decide the meaning (to themselves) of anything written, regardless of intent.

I didn't realize this site normalized and accepted anti-semitic tropes like "blood libel"? So disgusting.
Yes, blood libel is a disgusting term used against the Jews, and thus is an appropriate and accurate term to describe the very real falsehoods levied against Canada as a nation, especially with certain baseless claims like the 215 unmarked graves in Kamloops in 2021, for example.

Let me remind you that the Liberal government clearly misrepresented of the Tk̓emlúps te Secwépemc Nation’s words about their finds, hopping irresponsibly onto a memetic trend and fanning the flames of division throughout 2021, while failing to fix the 'mass grave' falsehood that quickly spread throughout media. Canada has been slandered as a nation up to the level of the UN, and this dark hoax is still wafting around us today.

The local Indigenous leaders most directly involved in last summer’s “discoveries” tended to be the most cautious of all the various participants in the rancorous public debates. In some cases, those local leaders had never even intended to draw any public attention to the “ground truth” work they were overseeing at the residential school sites that ended up the subject of all those shocking headlines.
Even so, in the days following the story out of Kamloops, veteran Liberal politician Carolyn Bennett, serving as Crown-Indigenous relations minister at the time, expressed the hope that the news would be a catalyst, like the murder of George Floyd — the unarmed Black man murdered by Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin in May 2020.
Floyd’s murder was emblematic of what the Black Lives Matter movement called “a world where Black lives are systematically and intentionally targeted for demise.” The Kamloops story broke only a few days after the anniversary of Floyd’s murder, when the United States was preoccupied with retrospectives, memorial events, festivals and marches. Comparisons between the two national convulsions became commonplace. Said Bennett: “This week has opened the eyes of many Canadians. Like George Floyd did.”

In the early rush of the Kamloops headlines, Bennett faulted Stephen Harper’s Conservative government for turning down a 2009 request for $1.5 million from a TRC working group to undertake more intensive research on residential-schools graves. But it wasn’t until four years after the TRC’s 2015 “call to action” on identifying burial locations that Ottawa set aside $33.8 million for the work. Two years later, when the Kamloops story broke, $27 million of those funds remained unspent.
In the bigger-picture scheme of things, three weeks after the Kamloops story broke, China led a bloc of torture states that included Belarus, Russia, Iran, Syria and North Korea in a condemnation of Canada’s treatment of Indigenous peoples. Beijing’s move pre-empted a Canadian initiative, three years in the making, assembling a coalition of countries to force the United Nations to investigate China’s trampling of human rights in Xinjiang.

The Tk’emlúps’ May 2021 statement allowed the term “mass grave” to jump from the realm of macabre conspiracy theory to headlines across the country and around the world. A New York Times headline from the following day: “Horrible History: Mass Grave of Indigenous Children Reported in Canada.” CTV News: “The discovery of the mass grave is gripping the nation tonight …” The Toronto Star: Mass grave of Indigenous children discovered in Kamloops BC. The CBC: “After children’s mass grave found, advocates say it’s time to scan all residential school sites.”

The Trudeau government jumped on the story, calling for a period of national reckoning along the lines of the American soul-searching exercise precipitated by the 2020 murder of a Black man, George Floyd, by a Minneapolis police officer. That exercise ended up in waves of violent civil disturbances.

By the time Chief Casimir first tried to set the record straight, five days after its first shocking statement, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau had already lowered the flag on Parliament Hill and on all flags across the country
. They would remain at half-mast for several months, and Ottawa committed $320 million to assist in the search for graves around residential school sites across Canada.
But the die was cast in Kamloops. Across Canada dozens of churches and shrines were desecrated, vandalized, and in many cases, burned to the ground, perhaps most poignantly old Indian reserve churches beloved of generations of Indigenous Catholics. While it became routine to hear maudlin expressions of discomfort from Trudeau and his ministers, there were riots, statues were toppled, and anti-Catholic hate crimes nearly tripled. In 2021, Statistics Canada noted “the highest number of hate crimes targeting a religion since comparable data have been recorded.”

Last edited:
Yes, blood libel is a disgusting term used against the Jews, and thus is an appropriate and accurate term to describe the very real falsehoods levied against Canada as a nation, especially with certain baseless claims like the 215 unmarked graves in Kamloops in 2021, for example.

Let me remind you that the Liberal government clearly misrepre

Wow. Looks like we have our answer. Sounds like your rage is eating you alive.

Last edited:
Wow. That's quite the hate-filled response. Racist and anti-semitic. Sounds like your rage is eating you alive.
Anti-semitic tropes are not usually dropped accidentally or haphazardly. What does the slaughter of non-Jewish babies by an evil Jewish cabal have to do with immigration in Canada? I guess we'll have to wait for an answer from the original poster.
our institutions (listless, decaying), national unity (adrift, smeared by blood libel), and quality-of-life (housing) have gotten worse

Clearly you 1.) Can't read, and 2.) Are projecting your immature emotions onto others.

Get a grip man.

Last edited:
The word suggests a defamatory falsehood, so using the word blood libel suggests the person using the term believes it is a falsehood. I have very little interest in prejudicial fairy tales.

Back